• B: 5.5" Flattop 44 Spl

Votes: 25 19.2%
  • A: 2.5" Alaskan .44 mag

Votes: 105 80.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LuckenbachTexas

Buckeye
All because I don't subscribe to your theory given the parameters of this topic, and I like to poke a little fun with some of you blowhards. :D

With a topic such as this, are you really surprised? :mrgreen:

Cholo

Staff member
LuckenbachTexas, lying and poking fun are completely different, something that apparently eludes you. Your credibility is down the drain. The next step is up to you...

LuckenbachTexas

Buckeye
Haven't lied about anything fella, that was my poking fun.

The next step ain't up to me. I have no need to prove anything to ones & zeros in cyberspace.

Frank,

The high shelf-life milk will be the best casein option because its there for ya in a hurry. You can buy a higher grade straight "processed" casein of different types from mulitiple sources.

If you don't do anything else, stop breathing or at least breathe from your nose, you do not want these higher grade capsicums in your lungs.

Interesting side note: Clarion Casein LTD is kinda like former Evergreen International or "Air America" in the sense of its two faced front (Dot-Gov). They produce the Hot and the Cooler componets. They have literally modified the DNA structures to where they have a "kill" strength (shhhhh).

If you need to stop an animal from trailing you, game animal from detecting you, neutralize tracking, drug, or explosive working dogs, PM me for the simple product description in trade for a big bag of peanut M&Ms. It will make you ultimate hunter or ultimate smuggler. Its still well above top secret too.

shhhhhBIG.jpg

stevemb

Hunter
Reading this thread thru from the start just reminded me of the movie,"Strange Brew" for some reason.Going to play in bear country fri/sat/sun.. Will be armed, and have fun.

Bucks Owin

Hunter
stevemb said:
Reading this thread thru from the start just reminded me of the movie,"Strange Brew" for some reason.Going to play in bear country fri/sat/sun.. Will be armed, and have fun.

Haven't seen "Strange Brew" but the title does sound apropos...

Enjoy your day in bear country amigo. I think it was Jack O'Connor who once said "A mountain with a bear on it is much more interesting than one without"...or something like that. I agree. 8)

Just don't forget your M2... :lol:

CraigC

Hawkeye
I do believe this is the weirdest bear thread we've ever had.

Luckenbach, you can stop trying, your house of cards has already fallen. I don't know where you've been or what you've done but I'd bet a million dollars it has little relevance to this discussion. No matter how much you think it does.

Frank V

Single-Sixer
stevemb

Enjoy your weekend with the bears. Hope you have a great time.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Bucks Owin
I think mountains would be less interesting without Bears too.

Just wish our FWP (Fish & Game) would quit dumping Yellowstone "problem bears" in our mountains near here! :(
We can do nicely without bears that have been proven problems elsewhere! :x

LSCG

Buckeye
CraigC said:
I do believe this is the weirdest bear thread we've ever had.

Luckenbach, you can stop trying, your house of cards has already fallen. I don't know where you've been or what you've done but I'd bet a million dollars it has little relevance to this discussion. No matter how much you think it does.

I would imagine he's just a big Phony and has told nothing but lies his whole life. people who have really been there and done that don't usually feel the need to brag about it and if they do they have the proof to back it up. he hasn't shown one shred of proof to back up his claims.

frankly somebody like him shouldn't be allowed to give advice on internet forums (or in person) because one day somebody who doesn't know any better is going to take his advice and wind up getting hurt or killed. the Mods and owner of this forum should seriously think about that.

but of course he doesn't subscribe to sanity.........er....... I mean the parameters of this topic.

LuckenbachTexas

Buckeye
LSCG,

You already threatened to "drive over" my way. As a (g)od of warfare, I grant you my grace because I don't take you as a credible threat. You are welcome, this time. If such foolishness is how you respond to someone who disagrees,more power to ya. :D

As for whether the "real deal" boast or not, heck, we write books about it. :D

Frank, I know what I'm talking about on the OC man.

Frank V

Single-Sixer
LuckenbachTexas said:
You already threatened to "visit" me. You should be honered I don't take you as a credible threat. If such foolishness is how you respond to someone who disagrees,more power to ya.

I think you do, I've used it a number of times. It's really eye opening when someone has been sprayed with it even after they've been allowed to wash their eyes stuffing them in the patrol car gets it all over the inside of the car. I've had to drive with my windows open to jail, holding my head out the window. Don't ever spray it upwind!!!!! :wink:

That is my main concern with using it on Bears. I am looking forward to seeing the seminar this Sat. on Bear Spray. I'm hoping it'll give some good tips on effective use. Most predators will try to come in downwind, I don't think they know our sence of smell is relatively poor???? But one taken by surprise & all bets are off or a Bear with cubs, or possibly one of the most dangerous situations, A cow Moose with a calf????? I'm hoping to learn a lot about Bear Spraye usage.
I still think situational awareness is our biggest defense, but sometimes things just happen.
Thanks

LuckenbachTexas

Buckeye
Frank, the milk protein is really only effective for OC. The stuff is getting so "hot" now that you almost need the processed protein (antidote). If you keep a good flush going, it will git-r-done.

Generally Law enforcement grade OC is way lower than some of these bear sprays, but the LEO stuff can have a chemical agent as well making it very effective on humans without having to take them to the hospital instead of jail.

I think any purposeful attempt by the bear to get you using the wind, is slim to none, unless he is a straight up human hunter. Most likely it would be an encounter, if at all.

Those little boating airhorn canisters work to some degree against bears and such, but the spray is just plain offensive. Now if you are doing some spelunking, that airhorn works great at making bats get up and go.

If you are concerned about the bear sniffin ya, use some "Nose Jammer" from Bass-Pro on your boots. If I get five pounds of Peanut M&M's, I'll tell ya the simple military trick.

I still choose that ole 44 Special Flattop over that 2.5" mag. :mrgreen:

LuckenbachTexas

Buckeye
Since you have been exposed to OC and tear agents, you likely will be able to cope just fine from slight exposure.

I'll watch my top knot fer sure, but I ain't likely to get scalped by a bunch of chattering squirrels. :mrgreen:

LSCG

Buckeye
LuckenbachTexas said:
LSCG,

You already threatened to "drive over" my way. As a (g)od of warfare, I grant you my grace because I don't take you as a credible threat. You are welcome, this time. If such foolishness is how you respond to someone who disagrees,more power to ya. :D

As for whether the "real deal" boast or not, heck, we write books about it. :D

I never once threatened you. ever since this thread started you've been making claims like you're Rambo and Elmer Keith all rolled into one. several members including me have asked you to back up your claims with a little proof of your experiences and you've flat out refused to do so.

all I said was since I lived so close i'd come over some time and you could prove to me in person what makes you such an expert in all things gun related. if you took that as a threat then you're just a Big P***y

LuckenbachTexas

Buckeye
My son, I have already given you grace. The least you can do is follow your own advice and that of your Daddy. :D

LSCG said:
i'm not going to waste any more time on you. as my Daddy used to say what have you done when you've bested a fool.

I simply favor the 44 Special Flattop over the 2.5" Magnum.

DLM

Bearcat
According to this writer we stand a better chance with bear spray.

"For bear country you would want a deep penetration round in a minimum of 357 Magnum, 10mm, 41 Magnum, but preferably 44 Magnum, 454 Casull, 460, 480 Ruger, 500SW. We also want the heaviest and fastest hard cast round we can find for penetration. Tests show that less than 60% of Brown bears are stopped with handguns, and when successful it took at least four shots to stop the charging bear...Alternatively, 97% of bears are stopped with a 9oz. can of bear spray. Yep I said it, bear spray."
Who knew?

Read the full article here: http://www.ballistics101.com/camping.php