Anyone use Brownell's Action Lube Plus?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Super Redhawk

Bearcat
While researching and getting ready to do a trigger job on a Super Redhawk, I found this lube and was wondering if anyone here had tried it before.

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=1147/Product/ACTION_LUBE_PLUS_reg_

Do you like it?

Have you found anything that works better?

Thanks
Ken

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
How about good old automotive anti-seize compound? Pretty much pure molybdenum, it's a mess to use, but I don't know of anything slipperier.

-- Sam

Mack Heath

Bearcat
Yes, I have and still do use it. Not bad stuff. However, it doesn't have as much moly in it as the NECO lube. The stuff NECO sells is very thick and they claim that it has about as much moly in it as possible. It is also not as easy to use since it doesn't flow worth a hoot. Makes it tough to even get it out of the tube. and it is more expensive than the Brownell's stuff.

The only antisieze compounds that I know of are either the standard type which has aluminum in it or the high temp version which has copper and nickle in it. I had heard about one variant of the standard antisieze which has lead in it instead of aluminum. The thing to remember is that antisieze compounds are not meant to ast as lubricants for moving parts.

Super Redhawk

Bearcat
Thank you for your responses.

I do have some of the copper colored anti-seize for my cars and I noticed when I pulled a new Glock apart, that it had a copper colored lubricant, but I have no way of knowing if they are the same.

Since I now have the Brownell's on order, I'll give it a shot when I finish honing the trigger. I'm pretty sure the trigger will feel better when I'm finished.

Thanks again.
Ken

Watergoat

Single-Sixer
I have it, use it, like it. Like everything I have gotten from Brownell's, it is Good Stuff. All that said, I think it is the same as Ford spec front wheel bearing grease. It even smells the same.

mike7mm08

Buckeye
I use and like it to an extent. I have gone to mainly using tetra gun grease. Not as messy and it seems to bond better to metal. The brownells lube seems to be just running on top. The tetra you can apply and totally wipe off and the part still feels slick.

Latest posts