Any Bersa Thunder Owners Out There?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

revhigh

Hawkeye
modrifle3 said:
Hummm ... Is that a lot for new ones? These were all NIB.

Last I remember seeing them, they were about $200 for the two tone brand new, but that was years ago.

No idea what today's market is. I'd just look for a used one first. As much as I like them, $350 seems like a lot for a Bersa 380.

REV

noquarter

Single-Sixer
modrifle3 said:

Bud's was $270 but that was 9 mo ago. I just looked online at Impact Guns and they were $300.

revhigh

Hawkeye
noquarter said:
modrifle3 said:

Bud's was $270 but that was 9 mo ago. I just looked online at Impact Guns and they were $300.

$270 is a lot more palatable than $350 .... That's for sure. Probably about right in these times, and years later from when they were $200.

REV

cluznar

Bearcat
I own both a Bersa Thunder .380 and a Thunder .32 and they are great carry guns. I can shoot a 4 inch group at 25 feet with the .380 could do better if I practiced more. The .32 I shoot 3 inch groups at the same distance. Both guns are reliable, accurate and nice to shoot. They are also thin and easy to conceal. Bersa makes some excellent guns at a reasonable price and stand behind them. Don't be afraid to buy a Bersa.

OysterMan

Bearcat
I've had a 380CC and a UC9 for about five years now. With the UC9 the only issue I've had has been when it's fired alot and gets dirty the slide will sometimes not lock back after the last round. But I don't consider this a major problem and it otherwise has been flawless in all respects. On the 380CC the disconnect spring broke at around 2000rds. Using the lifetime warranty I sent it to CGW for repair (total turn-around time was 8 days) and it has been solid shooter ever since.

Though neither is my EDC, each does get carried on occasion.

toysoldier

Hunter
You're all making the Bersa sound very good, and there's often one in the pistol cabinet at my favorite pawn shop. But if I want a bigger .380 than my LCP, I carry my all-steel Llama Especial Model IIIA. It's the only "1911" that I own. :)

GKC

Blackhawk
Rei40c said:
I love my BP9cc dearly, but had the same concern and decided after much debate not to carry it for the same reason. I am keeping mine, at least for now. Its a joy to shoot very accurate and I love that trigger, at the range I love the trigger I should say.

I came across a trigger plug for a Glock...it's basically just a plastic plug shaped to fit behind the trigger. It snaps into place, and keeps the trigger from being pulled...you can push it out easily with your trigger finger when you are ready to fire. It's designed for Glocks, to provide a "safety" for those who don't like not having a thumb safety. I don't know if they make one for other guns, but it might fit...or could be shaved down to fit.

With that, I might be more comfortable with the BP9CC...it was a good gun, just the trigger was too light for me without a safety.

BigBlue

Single-Sixer
I've owned two Bersa Thunder pistols in the past. Both were dead on reliable using CorBon .380 ammo. The first was an original steel framed and while it was very heavy for it's size, the steel frame was reassuring. The later purchase was an aluminum frame and was better suited to concealed carry. The size and shape of the grip on these guns is ideal for my larger hands, the only exception being the part of the magazine that sticks out gets in the way of my fingers. It's funny that I spotted this post today as I was just looking at the Bersa pistols again last night.

noquarter

Single-Sixer
BigBlue said:
I've owned two Bersa Thunder pistols in the past. Both were dead on reliable using CorBon .380 ammo. The first was an original steel framed and while it was very heavy for it's size, the steel frame was reassuring. The later purchase was an aluminum frame and was better suited to concealed carry. The size and shape of the grip on these guns is ideal for my larger hands, the only exception being the part of the magazine that sticks out gets in the way of my fingers. It's funny that I spotted this post today as I was just looking at the Bersa pistols again last night.

Bersa used to make a model called Thunder Delux which had an extended 9 round mag. They don't catalog it anymore, but the mags are available and they fit the standard (not Plus or CC) Thunder. I use them for that very reason - they extend the hand room available.

bersa_thun_deluxe_380.jpg

modrifle3

Buckeye
Been looking locally and still $350 seems to be the average price...really wish a sub $300 pistol would show up.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Look for a surplus CZ82. I have one and its a great gun.

Same size gun in 9x18. Should be able to find one in the $200 range I think.

REV

revhigh

Hawkeye
I'm not sure if its specifically Russian.

Its easy to get though, and the 82 is a fantastic weapon.

Basically a hot 380.

The CZ83 is the identical gun. In 380, but it will cost much more.

I thim k I paid $160 for my 82 a few years ago. Theyre C&R.

REV

AGE Ranger

Single-Sixer
I don't own a Thunder yet; but I do own a 383DA the Thunder's Grandfather. It is a very nice shooting handgun. For a smaller gun it fits my big hands very nice. I've been thinking about getting a Thunder as I retired the 383DA since there are no parts. It took me 1-1/2 years to find a hammer for it.

But I'm a self professed P-Nut so saving for another one looking to add a .40 to my collection.

e3mrk

Bearcat
I own one and I like it.
I have had it about a year with no problems.
It's really pretty accurate and I have no trouble with concealed carry as it is rather small.
But it is named Thunder for a good reason.

Latest posts