Announcing the Callshot Fan Club

Help Support Ruger Forum:

contender

Ruger Guru
I re-read it a while back, and I have to say 2 dogs has it right. This is exactly why I enjoy the friendships on this forum. Add in the knowledge of it's members, anf the willingness to share,,, it's the best. And this whole thread is an excellent example!

TULLYMARS

Single-Sixer
Although I may never get the chance to meet Steve or Betty they have become a special part of my life. There isn't a day that goes by that they are not fondly thought of. I would also like to say thank you to Fermin Garza, Jeff Hoover, and Dick Thompson for letting us all in on the happenings in Idaho's little corner of heaven.
You all made 2011 a year to remember.

Wade Garrett, Honorary Member of the Callshot Fan Club

callshot

Blackhawk
Thanks, Fermin for resurrecting this thread. I thought that it had died. Betty is doing O.K. and everyone that phones asks about her. Here is a picture of her with some Christmas chocolate covered strawberries that Jeff Hoover sent to her. It has now been one year since she lost her last hand and arm to the M.S. Her voice is just a whisper and her vision has doubled. I let her wear my Rooster Cogburn eye patch sometimes or she will keep them closed a lot. Her sense of humor is still there and she has a pretty good attitude in spite of the care she gets from me. I didn't get her anything for Christmas again this year. I gave her a cemetery lot a few years ago and she hasn't used it yet, so nothing else this year. She didn't get me a lump of coal this year either. Wade, who says you won't get to meet us? When I run for President I'll be campaigning in Tenn. and you can help me out!!! Steve & Betty

img_0762.jpg

Sheriff

Single-Sixer
Always enjoy re-reading this thread. Good to see you and Miss Betty are still keeping each other company.

Jeff Hoover

Blackhawk
LOL, Steve, you are more warpped than a coil spring. Guess Betty is blessed to be seeing double, on account of it making you look twice as good ! Be careful, Steve ! Betty told me she was re-gifting that plot to you. You best be on your best behavior :lol: . I don't know if you can be President of your own Fan Club. A lot of people are their biggest fans, some their worst enemies. What would I do ? Am I being impeached ?

Hope you guys have a Happy New Year ! I love you guys !

Zeus

Blackhawk
Steve, you just ain't quite right! :) She looks happy with the Hoover gift! That's some full sized chocalates Jeff!! :) Talk with y'all soon!

M'BOGO

Buckeye
Thanks need to be extended to Callshot from my corner.

Last summer a packet from the Callshot Center in Soda Springs Idaho was waiting for me at the post office. After paying the postage, and signing for it, it was torn open right there (for some reason armed postal inspectors hand delivered it to me, at gunpoint?) to much anticipation to all in the area (Callshot is considered a Saint in the metro Detroit area, something about that Kid Rock guy?).

It was a personal invitation to join the Callshot Fanclub :D . I sent in the complete packet, and three weeks later the Official Curmudgeon Journeymans card was waiting in the mail box! In another seven years, I will be a full member in the Callshot Fanclub :D :D :D ! What ever you do, never wear any of your Callshot bling in Southeast Michigan, lusty crazed mobs will rip you to pieces on the outside chance Saint Callshot has touched any of it....

If you work hard, eat your huckelberrys, and pick a fight with every badger, you might get a package from the Callshot Center....

sixshot

Buckeye
Every Dr. or nurse who has ever checked Betty always makes the comment that she gets better care from Steve (aka Callshot) than they could ever give her, & its true. I've been watching this play out for several years now & even though I'm very familiar with it I'm still amazed at how he does it..... day after day after day.
He sets the alarm on his cell phone so he always has a reminder that its time to give her her medicine, he's always there, nothing stops him or discourages him, at least he never shows it. Most likely Betty wouldn't even be alive if he had put her in a living center, we'll never know but I've seen how he does it & I'm still in awe of how he down plays what he's doing.
I know that all of us have to face challenges but if there was a Medal of Honor for a guy taking care of his wife then Steve deserves one, along with a Purple Heart..... come to think of it he might already have a Purple Heart, got it from eating all those Huckleberrys!

Dick

callshot

Blackhawk
Marc, you don't have to wait seven years for membership. Just send in your dues now and if it is enough we'll send your card out on the next stage coach. Last time I was in metro Detroit I got stopped by the local gustopo and was driving my brother in laws car. They said it was stollen and had no insurance or license tags. :shock: When I mentioned your name they just laughed. I handed them my huckleberry shake and made my get away while they were finishing it. I am just finishing my last one for this year now as I respond here. Dick, thanks for the complement, but we all do what we need to in life. I have got five new girl friends since you left. They are looking for someone to take care of them. "Sooooo many women, So little time." :roll: :wink: I just show them a picture of Tank and they hurriedly leave wanting nothing to do with him :!: :twisted: HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE Steve & Betty

Jeff Hoover

Blackhawk
In all seriousness, Steve is a wonderfull nurse ! I've seen him in his uniform ! :lol: :shock: :roll: Or maybe that was his secretary, I can't be sure ! They look so much alike !

Happy New Years Steve & Betty !!!!

M'BOGO

Buckeye
I can't afford the "dues" all at once Steve, I'm not Bill Gates.

I'm still working on getting the Holy Sea to recognize you as a proper Saint. They won't accept making huckelberry shakes dissapear as a miricle :D ? I still believe your a Saint, for all thats worth, too many folks cut and run for little things.

I'm working on getting the rest of the "dues" together. For the life of me don't have a clue how to get a 53' trailer of magic beans together?

As for the brother in law's car, it is probably because of my beaver trapping operations, and the Secret Southeast Michigan Callshot Fanclub Chapter hazing. It shure was cold last year marching in the Thanksgiving day parade in my lepord skin thong and rubber field boots. At the same time, the cold made the thong more comfortable.

Jeff Hoover

Blackhawk
With Betty dying, thought some might want a crazy, wacky read......lord knows its been fun :lol: :lol: :lol:

It also led to this.....

callshotbrass.jpg

callshotbrass2.jpg

2 dogs

Buckeye
Yup. Although we have lost our first member it's been quite a ride. We organized a Fan Club, held a fantastic raffle, a successful Valentines Day Card drive, issued official ball caps, made a donation to MS, passed out many "shot" handles, AND a Had huge 44 special CS brass group buy! Just look at all the hits this thread has generated. But to me personally, what I have learned about what makes a Man has been the most important thing overall.

sixshot

Buckeye
We've all learned something from this & I'm sure we've came away better people for it. Steve has set the bar very high for all of us. I'm sure there are others who suffer with the same problems, problems for both the loved one who is sick & also for the care giver who struggles every bit as much & just keeps it inside. Right now he's as relaxed as I've seen him in several years, he was physically & emotionally exhausted but now he's at peace because of his faith.
Their story would probably make a good movie.

Dick

Jeff Hoover

Blackhawk
Dick, you are right. Ol' callshot seems to be at peace ! It shows when talking to him on the phone . I think also knowing that he did all that was humanly possible, to care for Betty, also plays into it, along with his strong faith.

Steve, this whole ordeal was filled with conflicting emotions! You went to bat, did what you had to do, and hit a grandslam ! I know it is bittersweet, but your care kept Betty alive for several more years. The fact that she never got a bedsore under your care speaks volumes, as all the Dr.'s and nurses have stated.

Take a rest, recoup, have some huckleberry shakes, reload some .44 specials (if you have any brass :lol: ),and get some ground squirrels, rock chucks, and badgers. You've earned it more than anyone I've ever known !