Ammo shortage? Not if you have a .327

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Gregbert89

Bearcat
Like it says, is this true for anyone elses outside of MI mid-south east area? i got a 327 so i was exstatic, not much else to get happy about walking threw the stores.

I'll have to go look. There aren't many places that sell .327 around here. I was at Wal Mart today and was able to get some CCI mini mag ,22. $7 per 100. Not a bad price at all.

RoverSig

Bearcat
Folks, the answer is to reload your own. Even .327, which is easy to reload -- and fun. However, take your time getting into the reloading hobby, if you decide to do it: most reloading components are out of stock right now, too!

Just picked up 3 boxes of 327. Went to Cabalas and everyone was. Circling like vultures. Nobody was even looking for 327.

I agree though reloading is the way to go. I reload for rifle and need to start with pistol. Perhaps this is a good excuse to order some dies for 327.

Gregbert89

Bearcat
I plan to reload the .327 too (and cast some lead bullets in 118, 115 & 100 grains-got the bullet molds in .311 diameter) but brass for the round is scares, I got like 400-ish empty case shells in need of being reloaded. But I picked up 100 rounds of gold dot 115 grains, and 250 rounds of the american eagle that the clerk found in back + the 300 rounds of assorted 130 grain buffalo bore and american eagle/federal hydro shock 85 grainers that I already had. I was just happy I was able to pick it up b/c I usually cant find it @ Dunhams around me. I might go pick up the remaining 85 grain american eagles if I can round up the cash other wise Iam happy. best of luck in the ammo hunt yall

RoverSig

Bearcat
Gregbert89, that's a good sized stash. One great thing about shooting revolvers is that you have 100% recovery of your brass, and it can be re-fired any number of times. (Other good things include cost, and the fact you can tailor your ammo to your preferences. I like the .327 a bit below the factory level, not as soft as I first tried -- that lacked consistent accuracy).

I previously bought 500 shells of .327 from Starline, and recently bought 500 shells of .44 Special from them -- they are great people and their products are top quality. Worth waiting for a backorder -- in both cases, they shipped before the predicted availability date :D

ThundarStick

Bearcat
Shot the GP100 327 in IDPA this morning and still loving it! Ammo? Plenty of it in local gun shops, not a 22lr, 38sp, 357, 9mm, 45apc to be found! I reload for my (5) 327 Mag revolvers, but also buy factory ammo for cary. My favorite load is 100gr cast over H110 and a SPmag primer, peppy load, but nothing like the American Eagle 100gr JSP. That load is HOT! I'm just glad I have a large supply of reloading componants. Lesson learned just 4 short years ago when primers just, dried up!

Latest posts