American 300 BLK

Help Support Ruger Forum:

22/45 Fan

Hunter
DGW1949 said:
1 in 7 is an awfully-fast twist rate for such a slow-moving .30 Cal bullet. Actualy, it's an awfully-fast twist for ANY .30 Cal rifle.
The stability any bullet depends on its rotational speed and length. For a given bullet the slower the muzzle velocity (and the slower the rotation speed as a result) the faster the twist needed to stabilize it.

The 300BO was designed to shoot long, heavy .30 caliber bullets at subsonic velocities so a very fast twist is required. For normal bullets at higher muzzle velocities, the fast twist isn't required but, unless extreme, doesn't do any harm either.

peyton

Single-Sixer
Two ruger 300 blackout rifles sold on Gunbroker today for around $430.00.

Big Old Boy

Hunter
My lgs has one coming in tomorrow I'll stop and maybe layaway or at least give it a look over!

Big Old Boy

Hunter
Well he has one,short compact and I think that would be best for the grandson. The trigger was light and clean with no creep but he also has a sp101 WC so I got that instead, oh well. I'm gonna keep watch for reviews and get one the first of the year,now that they are out I was told should be able to get one easy.