9mm reloads?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

volshooter

Buckeye
New update on 9mm ammo!

Gunshow in Knoxville TN.

Montana based company had 9mm 115gr. for $120 per 500.

I can see the need/wisdom to reload the 9 if you shoot alot of them.

I greatly suspect when my 9 stock gets low I might reload, if I shot more than 100 a year.

BTW componets were very reasonable.

desertrat

Single-Sixer
Jeff H":16kdcbeo said:
Back when I reloaded for 9mm, I used 124gr LRN, and Herco powder. Problem is I can buy 9mm cheaper at WalMart than I can reload it.

How?

Using lead, you should be able to load a box for under $6.00. Last I saw Walmart was at $10 when you could find it.

+1

Vecco

Single-Sixer
My wife is always amazed at my collection of Blue Maxwell House Coffee plastic cans on the garage wall filled with those little brass items.

I do this as well; my question is do you polish then store or store until needed then polish. I was polishing my brass then storing it in plastic coffee can and some of it started to get a white powder type of corrosion on it. So now I store it un-polished till I am ready to use it. Have you had any problems like that?

revhigh

Hawkeye
Nah ... that's fine .... probably better if it's gonna sit for quite some time. My brass doesn't sit very long. :D

REV

volshooter

Buckeye
I checked a box of Starline brass that had not been reloaded yet and found some stains on a few. I usually clean, deprime, resize and trim my brass before storage.

Mr_banjo2

Bearcat
I have a quick question that i didnt feel was worth its own thread.

Im new to reloading so dont chew me up. I have some winchester 115gr fmj and winchester 147gr jhp.

My question is this: are all brass casings of a certain caliber equal from a reloading standpoint? Can i use brass that housed a 147gr jhp for a 115gr fmj reload and vice versa...

Many thanks

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
Mr_banjo2":3il8r63z said:
I have a quick question that i didnt feel was worth its own thread.

Im new to reloading so dont chew me up. I have some winchester 115gr fmj and winchester 147gr jhp.

My question is this: are all brass casings of a certain caliber equal from a reloading standpoint? Can i use brass that housed a 147gr jhp for a 115gr fmj reload and vice versa...

Many thanks
Yep! Not a problem.

You may want to check the case length, as that can vary among manufacturers, but other than that there should be no difference in the brass.

-- Sam

P.S. I like your forum name. :D

Mr_banjo2

Bearcat
Yosemite Sam":nt5cza4f said:
-- Sam

P.S. I like your forum name. :D

Thanks for the info Sam, as for my name it was originally based on my friend whos name is Mr_trumpet, he was talking about how great he was with his new gun and i felt compelled to set the record straight, Then i got my p95 and am on here more than him now.

That said, who dosn't like banjo's - not you i see...

Thanks again!