77/22 or K77/22RP Zytel?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Today, at the show, I bought a strange 77/22 rifle. I think it is put together, but not sure...... :?

Stainless barrel marked ".22 L.R. CAL."
Blue receiver/rings marked "RUGER 77/22"
SN 700-78883
Zytel stock with green inserts

What the #@!! do I have?? Thanks in advance for the opinions/help. :D

Dave

chet15

Hawkeye
Stainless all-weather guns are known as early as 700-68668. But Ruger didn't put stainless barrels on blue receivers in this series.
The stock is correct though...that is, as long as it left as the model 77/22RP.
Chet15

Well, knowing from information here that it is not anything special, as a matter of fact a put together rifle, I took it to the range tonight to check function and accuracy.

To my and WAYNO's surprise, the first 3 shots at 50 yds measured about 1/2". WAYNO and I commenced to bounce golf balls around the hillside with this rifle and his 10/22.

My intention was to keep the scope and sell the rifle for a modest profit. After tonight, I need to keep it. What a shooter! Oh and by the way, this rifle was bought for $225! What a deal on a great shooting odd 77/22. :D
Dave

SteelShooter

Single-Sixer
On the older 77/22's barrel is held in like the 10/22 with a barrel wedge. You could buy aftermarket barrels from several sellers. Is the barrel roll marked "Ruger"?

If a Ruger, someone likely switched barrels, otherwise, probably an aftermarket barrel.

SteelShooter said:
On the older 77/22's barrel is held in like the 10/22 with a barrel wedge. You could buy aftermarket barrels from several sellers. Is the barrel roll marked "Ruger"?

If a Ruger, someone likely switched barrels, otherwise, probably an aftermarket barrel.

Yep, Ruger barrel and is attached with a barrel wedge. Made up gun, IMO. But, shoots lights out! :D

Dave

collectormzornes

Blackhawk
I like it if you decide to sale let me know I would like to have a blued synthetic stock 77/22. Congrats on the good shooting rifle.