.44 Special Blackhawk Back from Turnbull

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mm6mm6

Blackhawk
When the Lipsey's Exclusive Ruger New Model Blackhawk .44 Special came out in 2009, I just had to have one in the 4 5/8" barrel length. As a fan of Skeeter Skelton, this revolver just called to me.

RugerTurnbull020.jpg

I installed a Wolff spring kit and loaded some .430 bullets and the single action shot great!

RugerTurnbull012.jpg

RugerTurnbull014.jpg

I had Cary C make me a set of his stunning birdseye maple handles with factory Ruger medallions and they really set the gorgeous blue finish off with some serious pop!

RugerTurnbull006.jpg

Then I sent the revolver off to Michael Gouse (www.mtart.com) for 75% coverage American Scroll and Skeeter's Bar-T cattle brand on the backstrap.

RugerTurnbull017.jpg

As handsome as the blue finish was, to my eye a single action revolver must have a case hardened frame. So I sent it off to Turnbul Manufacturing to have the hammer, frame, and loading gate case hardened.

Along with a Threepersons holster from El Paso Saddlery, my .44 Special Blackhawk is now finished!

RugerTurnbull027.jpg

I really like how it looks along with my matching S&W 624 in the custom display case I made for them both.

RugerTurnbull029.jpg

-Steve

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
mm6mm6 said:

"The Grail plays a different role everywhere it appears, but in most versions of the legend the hero must prove himself worthy to be in its presence."
I feel so un-worthy. 8) 8)

...Jimbo

street

Hunter
Now that's the way it should come from Ruger. Or at least to have the options to have it done that way. With a small fee :lol: added on to the stock price. What you have done to that revolver not only makes it look better but makes it shoot better. It doesn't get any better then that. "GOOD SHOW".

tom black

Blackhawk
I had to run and get some paper towels to dry the drool off the key board before it shorted out. The only thing I see wrong with that little sixgun is that it isn't in MY vault. It is truly a work of art. Thanks for posting the pics.
Tom Black