327 / 32 H&R SP101 questions

Help Support Ruger Forum:

JustsayMo

Single-Sixer
I really like my 32 H&R Single Six and I really like my 357 SP101.

I'm considering buying 327 SP101 and was wondering how it shoots the 32 H&R? Do the sights regulate well to the 32 H&R? What kind of accuracy are you getting?

Thanks in advance!

32magfan

Blackhawk
JustsayMo,

I shoot my 327 a little less these days as I switched over to the "Dark Side" and bought a S&W Shield in 9mm for a carry gun. :shock: And I am an unabashed "revolver guy". Hey, even a fellow that likes brunettes has a blonde or redhead catch his eye!!

I have all 3 Rugers and my Dad has a Taurus (which I do NOT recommend anyone getting) in 327 Federal. I also have about 8 other various 32 H&R's and one 32 Long as well as a couple of 32-20's. All of these guns shoot mainly reloads. I have practiced with the 100 gr American Eagle softpoints some as well as the ammo I carried in it - 115 gr Gold Dots in the SP101.

My main reload for the 32H&R is 3.0 gr Red Dot behind a 115 gr RNFP bullet. The main 327 reload is 3.7 gr Clays behind this very same bullet.

Accuracy with 32 H&R's is about the same - I don't do much paper-punchin' for groups. I shoot steel plates at 25 yards and 3" and 6" swinging steel at that distance. Of course, you can also shoot 32 Longs and 32S&W rounds in the same gun. The 32Longs really change the POI as they are anemically slow in factory loads. Our load for them is 1.8gr Titegroup behind a 93 gr RN lead bullet. These shoot ok but the SP does not have an elevation adjustment. :?

You can shoot 32H&R's a bunch for practice / plinking in a 327. I do it some of the time even with all the 327 I keep loaded up.

Enjoy the SP - I have just acquired 3 more of these recently (2-.22's and a 9mm) Now I have 5 and not a one is a .38 or .357 - All those folks that think I am strange must be right. Oh well, at least I'm not boring! :mrgreen:

Thanks,

32Magfan

ThundarStick

Bearcat
The 32H&R shoot fantistic out of the SP101 I have. I load them to just above 32SWL velocities with a 100gr lswc. At self defence distances there is no real POI change in any of the loads. She can't practice with full house loads because of arthritis in her hands, but carries full house rounds CCW. I love the 327 and have the three Rugers(mostly cary my GP100) a S&W 632 and a two tone Taurus that will also get the job done as well. O how I WISH Ruger would chamber the 327 in the SP101 4 inch configuration like the 357 and .22lr with fully adjustable sights it may very well be the ideal walking around gun, also a new SSM Bisley would take the money rite out o my pocket!