2nd LC9 Range Report

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bolohead

Bearcat
Okay went out to the same place, as the first run through but this time I used my reading glasses through the whole shooting session. The one high shot on the head is my bad when I double tapped.

DSCF2717.jpg

Here is the first 7 rounds:
DSCF2739.jpg

Shot several more magazine loads through it:
DSCF2741.jpg

Here is after 150 rounds fired, with no problems such as FTF, which I had NONE with this little LC9. Today I used TulAmmo which I bought on special at the shop for $9.95 but found it also at Walmart for $9.47 I simulated what shooting at 9 feet for the head shot, as this is the distance from where I sleep to the doorway. Then the COM shots were from 15 feet, where I believe anyone of them would have been fatal with my SD ammo which is CorBon DXP 115 gr with its Barns Hollowpoint.

DSCF2742.jpg

There is no doubt, that Ruger answered many request for a great single stack thin 9mm pistol.

rxit

Bearcat
Thanks for the post, this little gun is very interesting to me.

Also, the sceanary in your photo is beautiful, add some snow- change the framing angle, and it would be suitable for framing.

Bolohead

Bearcat
rxit said:
Thanks for the post, this little gun is very interesting to me.

Also, the sceanary in your photo is beautiful, add some snow- change the framing angle, and it would be suitable for framing.

You mean like this picture, taken just down the highway from where I was shooting. Snow is a cuss word here.

SwanRangeMontana.jpg

BulkAmmo

Bearcat
Looks like I need to practice some more with my LC9. I'm not getting groups quite as well as that. I do well with my other pistols but this LC9 is stretching my abilities.

It's fun to learn though. I think I've spent too much time shooting 1911 pistols.

Stimo3

Single-Sixer
BulkAmmo said:
Looks like I need to practice some more with my LC9. I'm not getting groups quite as well as that. I do well with my other pistols but this LC9 is stretching my abilities.

It's fun to learn though. I think I've spent too much time shooting 1911 pistols.

What REALLY helped me was getting some snap caps and doing A LOT of dry-firing. i got it down to the point where i wasnt jerking the sights at all on the trigger break, once i got that down i was 10 times more accurate with it. I had to reposition my finger on the trigger a bit, i had to put it a bit lower and put a bit more finger on the trigger, because i noticed that when the trigger broke i was already past the point of pulling straight back on the trigger and was starting to pull it a bit to the right. I adjusted my trigger finger and grip a bit and got it to the point now where im extremely surprised at the accuracy of this little gun, where at first i was actually a bit disappointed. My first 80 rounds looked like i shot a target with 00 buckshot from ~15yds and i was pretty unhappy. Dry-firing fixed all that and now im shooting ~3in. groupings @ ~25-30yds, shooting for accuracy of course. Double taps i can keep it usually within 8in. @~25yds. That to me, is very impressive for this little gun!

Bolohead

Bearcat
Here is a point for helping with not jerking the trigger, with an empty magazine and snap cap, place a dime on the front sight. A penny will work using the off side which is flatter. But practice squeezing the trigger till it breaks, without knocking the dime or penny off.

2ndamd

Bearcat
Bolohead said:
Here is a point for helping with not jerking the trigger, with an empty magazine and snap cap, place a dime on the front sight. A penny will work using the off side which is flatter. But practice squeezing the trigger till it breaks, without knocking the dime or penny off.

+1. We use to practice like this all the time when bored in the tower the State Pen. We used a dime on the barrel of the Mini-14 and GP100.