Redhawk .454 Casull

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Redstick

Single-Sixer
Can someone tell me about a 4-inch Redhawk that is a 5-shot .454 Casull? Seen one in a store and can't find if it was a special run for one of Rugers's distributors, or what. Really can't find any info at all...

Redstick said:
Can someone tell me about a 4-inch Redhawk that is a 5-shot .454 Casull? Seen one in a store and can't find if it was a special run for one of Rugers's distributors, or what. Really can't find any info at all...

Since you and I talked today, I did find a distributor exclusive 5" Super Redhawk in .454. If they can do it with the Super Redhawk, they could certainly do it with a Redhawk.

WAYNO.

48flyer

Single-Sixer
It is definitely not a factory piece, but I am interested, if you're not!
Been wanting to do a 454 Redhawk, but if one is available, please PM me the details, and I'll check it out
Thanks

Redstick said:

I don't think it's a distributor run, or a Ruger special run, but I do know of people that have gotten a 454 Cylinder and switched out cylinders on a 45 Colt. I've considered that myself but consider it a waste of money. I'm still probably going to shoot the Buffalo Bore 45 Colt HC 325 grainers. They will leave a mark on anything.

hutchman

Blackhawk
WAYNO said:
Wow! Two blasts from my past. :mrgreen:

WAYNO.

LOL, I sneak in every once in a while. Redstick called yesterday about the 454 and really had my curiosity up tonight. Hope all is well and you are staying warm over there. Going to be cold here tonight but 40 on Monday. Crazy!

Thel

Blackhawk
CraigC nailed it. If someone had switched cylinders from a Super Redhawk it would be 6 shot. It possibly could be something Bowen, Clements or Huntington built but think it would be marked as such by them.