Ruger super redhawk toklat 454 cal

Help Support Ruger Forum:

MinorLV

Ruger Six Series and DA Collector
It is the real deal…a small number of guns were shipped with the wrong engraving. I was fortunate enough to find one and add it to my DA collection. No idea of qty but I believe Ruger pulled most of them before they hit the market.

GrizzlyClay

Bearcat
I love my Toklat! Was that one a new one? That seems VERY expensive, even for today's prices. They are excellent shooters though. :)
I got one on Gunbroker last week and I paid 1299.99 shipping 39.00.It is awesome.I also have a SRH 454 with the barrel cut down to 4.6 inches which I got on Guns International for 1K.They both shoot about the same,Toklat looks better.Trying to find lanyard ring for both to go in my Houge grips

GrizzlyClay

Bearcat
I'd like to see a 4in barrel version of the SRH Alaskan or Toklat. They can call it the Canuck 😆
The Toklat is super hard to find.I got mine on GB 2 weeks ago and there were 2 of them on there but I couldn't afford both.There has not been another one on there since or on Guns America,Guns International.It shoots AWESOME can't wait for bear season

@MinorLV Drat... Just a plain ol' Toklat for me. But the good news is that I can keep shooting it with reckless abandon without the worry of doing damage to a collectable factory mistake! Shown here with my "custom" 4" 44 Mag that I love to shoot often as well, and still filthy from the last range trip...! :D

PXL_20240401_210214704.jpg

GrizzlyClay, congrats on the find! I can't believe there were 2 on GB. I'd been checking there for years, and was on dozens of 'notify me' lists.
I'm just happy I found one.
Your custom 4.6 in was something I had been considering doing if I didn't get a Toklat.

DutchV

Bearcat
I got one on Gunbroker last week and I paid 1299.99 shipping 39.00.It is awesome.I also have a SRH 454 with the barrel cut down to 4.6 inches which I got on Guns International for 1K.They both shoot about the same,Toklat looks better.Trying to find lanyard ring for both to go in my Houge grips
Call Hogue. They sell lanyard studs for their grips. And they're very reasonable.

MinorLV

Ruger Six Series and DA Collector
I love all the DA's!

I am fortunate to also have a factory Super Redhawk 44 Mag 5" that is very similar to your custom. It also happens to sit next to my Tolkat in the safe.

Keep shooting with reckless abandon and happy shooting!

MinorLV

Last edited:

Latest posts