Super Blackhawk with fluted cylinder?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

theoldcoot

Bearcat
Gun is a 5 ½" Bisley, in .44mag, with a fluted cylinder and is marked: "RUGER .44 MAGNUM CAL., NEW MODEL SUPER BLACKHAWK", s/n 86-007xx. I thought the Super Blackhawks had solid cylinders. I can't find another one like it. Is this a factory gun or did somebody modify it?

Thanks for your help
Ken

gunsbam69

Hunter
I bought this gun from Ken a couple days ago. Ruger gave me the info on it.

Model - 0830
Catalog - RB-44
Serial - 86-00787
Shipped - February 27th 1990
Barrel length - 7.5"

I now have a question myself. I forgot to ask if the 0830 was a fluted model. I assume the numbers on the cylinder will match the gun, as it looks used little, but I'll bet there's a man or two on here who knows this model number. I'm assuming RB-44 rather than RB-44W tells me it's fluted, but I'm all ears.

Next question. To the collectors and older Ruger dealers who've seen them all, did Ruger EVER put out a blued Bisley large frame with any other barrel length than 7 1/2" as standard, or as an exclusive or limited run :?:

M'BOGO

Buckeye
gunsbam69 said:
Next question. To the collectors and older Ruger dealers who've seen them all, did Ruger EVER put out a blued Bisley large frame with any other barrel length than 7 1/2" as standard, or as an exclusive or limited run :?:

The .44 Spc flattops are the only other blued Blackhawk Bisleys, and they are not large frames. There were the Bisley Vaquero's, and the stainless 5.5"er's.

gunsbam69

Hunter
M'BOGO,

Thanks for your input. I know about all the ones you mentioned and have/deal in them. Always learning something new that turns what I THOUGHT I knew upside down, and was hoping this might be another one of those moments :D