The road leading up to my gun range

Help Support Ruger Forum:

It's kind of funny, I was thinking about it the other day. To get to my gun range, I take a 6 lane intersday (3 lanes in each direction), I use the toll road, it's faster. Then a "fast" 4 lane highway, then a small two lane highway, then a back country road, then finally this road:

VC5uzz4l.jpg

It always makes me happy to drive down this little gravel road. Texas doesn't have a lot of federal "open" land I can go drive on. One thing about the Western States I really miss. Even though this little road is only one mile, it's truly nice.

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
DHD said:
GunnyGene said:
Looks like my driveway only longer. :)

A mile long driveway that looked like that would be awesome. No neighbors (good or bad one's).

Mine's only a 1/4 mile with a couple gentle curves. Can't see the public road from the house. 30 wooded acres I can play on. Down side is keeping the drive maintained and passable. Limbs, and sometimes entire trees, are a regular problem.

Looking from the road:

tUPEc0Y.jpg

Armybrat

Buckeye
Colonel Daddy said:
Looks like our 1/4 mile "private road" with the gravel and repurposed concrete. We have a gate across it, but folks still occasionally come in anyway looking for a place to hunt :?
Colonel, I hope you give them a running start. :lol: