Question. How is the Springfield Range Master 1911 9mm?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

revhigh

Hawkeye
You mean Range OFFICER?

If so ... I should have some personal experience in about a week.

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=236828

REV

I have a RO Springfield 9mm. I like it a lot so far. Much cheaper to shoot then 45acp, but the same size as my Colt. Reliable and accurate. Nothing special to report. Just a good reliable pistol that cycles several different bullet weights just fine. Do we need more than that???

Dave

Rockrat

Single-Sixer
Not much to add. I am using it in a defensive handgun course. Did have a bit of trouble with a piece of brass hanging up now and then(1 out of 100 rounds), but took the extractor out and cleaned it and the hole the extractor resides in and things good so far. It was pretty dirty with powder residue.

Easy to shoot and cheaper than 45 too.

dakota1911

Buckeye
Have one in 9mm and .45. Have had the 9mm since Jan 2015. Nice pistol. Of course an all steel Gov. sized 1911 is not going to recoil much. Might add the barrel is ramped in the 9mm which I thought interesting. Read up on the ILS system before you ever drop the MSH in these.

modrifle3

Buckeye
Very nice gun . . . I have owned one for several years. I do get a failure to eject once in a while with some mags but for the most part it is a great range gun.

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
I picked mine up yesterday and shot it for the first time this morning. Mine is the 5" Stainless 9mm,adjustable rearsight, red fiber optic front.
Oh, what a sweet shooter it is ! Very accurate. I shot factory Federal 115 gr. ,
115 and 124 gr. Handloads. All shot very accuratly, fed and ejected perfectly, piled the emptys in a small area about 5-6' away at 4:30 .
I have never been a fan of fiber optic sights but this one has a tiny, about 1/16"
Pipe , and works very well for me. I was planing to replace it with a black steel sight even before I ordered this gun. I believe I will grow to realy like this sight.
I own three Ruger 1911's and two Springfields, the other being a loaded target .45
ACP.
I love my Rugers but the Springfields are a step above as they should be with their higher price. I am impressed to say the least.

xtratoy

Buckeye
I also just got one. It is one nice gun. Smooth as silk and shoots good. I have a different sear spring and hammer spring coming for it but so far I have been able to lower the trigger pull from 5.5 pounds to 3.5.

Had a 9mm-1911-Loaded. Operated perfectly, and shot as well as any Ruger/Remington/Kimber/Colt 1911 I've owned. Don't know what it is about these Brazilian guns, but I just can't get enamored with them. It went down the road, as did another previous Springfield. In fairness, I can offer no criticism of any of the Springfields I've owned or shot.

Interestingly, the Springfields have been the most difficult to re-sell.

WAYNO.

modrifle3

Buckeye
WAYNO said:
Had a 9mm-1911-Loaded. Operated perfectly, and shot as well as any Ruger/Remington/Kimber/Colt 1911 I've owned. Don't know what it is about these Brazilian guns, but I just can't get enamored with them. It went down the road, as did another previous Springfield. In fairness, I can offer no criticism of any of the Springfields I've owned or shot.

Interestingly, the Springfields have been the most difficult to re-sell.

WAYNO.

That is interesting about Brazilian guns . . . good thing they aren't made there.

Springfield hasn't used Brazilian frames for some time. All their frames are machined in the U.S., the supplier for the rough forgings is in Brazil.