WTT FTBH Bisley

Help Support Ruger Forum:

29aholic

Single-Sixer
I have an unfired Ruger Flat Top Bisley Blackhawk 44spl with a 5 1/2" barrel. Bought it off the forum as a fund raiser for Dan M. When I got it, it still had the factory preservative on it. I have since applied about 3 coats of Ren wax but I have not shot it. I have cocked it a few times.
I do have a box and manuals but no fired case. The box is for a different gun and Mr Deerstalker was supposed to look and see if he had the right box, but I havent heard from him so I guess not.

I would like to trade for a regular FTBH in 44spl with a 5 1/2" barrel. Does not have to be unfired as I plan on shooting it. Let me know what you have and we can work on the particulars.

I paid $650.00 shipped for the Bisley.

29aholic

Single-Sixer
mr.deerstalker said:
I have not for got about it, I'm in AZ, I said when I return to AK I'll look for it, I'm 95% sure I have it. The part that gets me is how did I mix it up.

Scott

If I get it traded I'll just have you mail the new owner the box. If not, you can send it to me when you get back and I will send you the other one back.

Thanks

29aholic

Single-Sixer
Back up

Other trades I would consider

Old model 44spl conversions

Old model shooter grade 45 Colt

I prefer short barrels

Phalanx429

Bearcat
OR...just a thought...maybe someone here on the forum might want to trade you THEIR standard grip frame, hammer and trigger for YOUR Bisley gripframe, hammer and trigger. That way you get to keep your gun - the way YOU want it, and someone else gets to convert their gun to the way THEY want it. Monetary considerations or "boot money" to be determined...or NOT!?! Just throwing this out there.
Either way...best of luck to you!

29aholic

Single-Sixer
Phalanx429 said:
OR...just a thought...maybe someone here on the forum might want to trade you THEIR standard grip frame, hammer and trigger for YOUR Bisley gripframe, hammer and trigger. That way you get to keep your gun - the way YOU want it, and someone else gets to convert their gun to the way THEY want it. Monetary considerations or "boot money" to be determined...or NOT!?! Just throwing this out there.
Either way...best of luck to you!

I am open to that too

jebstuart

Single-Sixer
29aholic,
I think I have the plow handle parts to trade with you, but are these 44 spl. flattops mid-frame or full sized or what?

Edit:
I just read a post by Hondo44 and I think All Frames (except Bearcats) will interchange, and I think he's told me that before when I was doing a PH to Bisley conversion. The only issue being the ears on the grip frame fitting. We can do measurements if you like. I have BH frames.