PC Charger

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Covejeepsxj

Single-Sixer
What's everyone's thoughts on these? I watched some pretty favorable review videos, although how much can you really believe from some guy with a camera who is given a free gun direct from the manufacturer! Haha.

https://ruger.com/products/pcCharger/models.html

Seems like Ruger just released these. Seeing that these can use Glock mags and have the picatinny rail on the rear for a brace really piqued my interest. I contacted my dealer and ordered one. His distributor was out of them currently, but I'm on the list....

Kanook

Buckeye
I am very interested in these. I will be hopefully buying one as soon as the world gets kinda normal and the bills are caught up.

I would also like to see an American rifle in either 300 Blackout and 357 mag made into a pistol with a 10" barrel. I believe that there are 3 companies making the 300 BO in pistol form now but they are hard to find and pricey. I have already made a BO in a AR pistol and it's fun but I would like a bolt pistol also.

9x19

Hunter
Another option in a popular consumer market is rarely a bad thing.

I already have several pistols and one SBR in 9mm, so not planning to buy the Ruger.

mac66

Single-Sixer
I'm more interested in the PC Charger than the carbine version simply because of the versatility of the Charger. You can add a brace and eventually (I suppose) a longer barrel when they become available. Better suppressor host as well. Having said that I probably would never buy one but never say never. ;)

mpalm

Single-Sixer
Interesting that Ruger ads market a "State Compliant" PC Charger pistol , yet it is not compliant in MA or CA.
WTF?

bentblade

Single-Sixer
mpalm said:
Interesting that Ruger ads market a "State Compliant" PC Charger pistol , yet it is not compliant in MA or CA.
WTF?

Don't blame Ruger for that. California requires safety testing and Micro stamping capabilities on all new pistols. Any new pistol has to micro stamp the serial number of the gun on the shell casing when fired. Read that to mean there will never be a new pistol added to the approved handgun list in Calif. Also any time a manufacturer changes a model and drops an old one, even if it is just the color that is one less handgun on the list because the new colored gun doesn't have micro stamping. That is why there are no Colt 1911s, Gen 4 and 5 Glocks, Ruger MKs ect. for sale in Calif and why the used ones bring premium prices. How would you like to $700 to $800 or more for a used Glock 42,43, gen4 or gen 5. Calif is one reason Glock still produces the Gen 3's. I just paid $750 for a used Sig 365. I would not have paid that but the going price is $1000. Got it from a LEO friend.

Rocdoc

Buckeye
Looks fun with all the add-on stuff and the big Glock mags I've seen on the videos

hboswell

Bearcat
That's a big NO unfortunately. From what I gather on the Colion Noir video, the new Charger has a very nice trigger. There are aftermarket triggers available, however, they are a bit pricey.

Latest posts