RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:16 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:18 am 
Single-Sixer

I was planning to take off the flash suppressor which I don't need and just put on a thread protector. Has anyone done this and could you tell me where you got it and if fits well. I understand the threads are 5/8 X 24 but I don't the length of the threads. I think most thread protector's are around 6 tenths of and inch and the scout looks a little longer. Thanks for any info.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:34 pm 
Blackhawk

Checked shopruger and couldn't find anything. What is weird was I couldn't even find the FSs.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:56 pm 
Hunter

sharpblade7777 wrote:
I was planning to take off the flash suppressor which I don't need and just put on a thread protector. Has anyone done this and could you tell me where you got it and if fits well. I understand the threads are 5/8 X 24 but I don't the length of the threads. I think most thread protector's are around 6 tenths of and inch and the scout looks a little longer. Thanks for any info.

I'd give one of these a try:
http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=4529 ... PROTECTORS

The price is good. If they're too short you might try keeping the crush washer on or using a split locking with the "split" in the washer at 6 o'clock position.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:51 am 
Single-Sixer

deadduck357 wrote:
Checked shopruger and couldn't find anything. What is weird was I couldn't even find the FSs.

Go to Shopruger and look at the left where it says "departments". Then punch in "rifle accessories". You will see 7 pictures. Punch in the one of the barrel band that says "accessories". You will find it there.