Dumb Question of the Week...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

When I see people ask the question what should they buy next, I'm like "How do I know??" But, I got $425 in Sportsmans Warehouse gift cards, for Christmas, they haven't done a very good job restocking, I could throw in a $100 or so, but I'm primarily a handgun guy, as probably most of you have figured out. If I can't figure out what I want next, how do you know? But, maybe you have some ideas, or something that has caught your eye, or something you are thinking about. I mostly buy used guns but, Sportsmans doesn't have that option. Not in a hurry at all, because they are probably out but could use some good ideas.

You need the Precision Rimfire Rifle and the PC Carbine. You also need the American Ranch that takes AR Mags. Did you get a 10mm 1911 yet? And I oughta get the 10mm/.40 Blackhawk. I mean you oughta. :mrgreen:

And ya probably need some more gift cards. 8)

If you need some more ideas, let me know.

hittman

Staff member
Patience is a virtue.
Wait.
Unless those gift cards have an expiration date.

planetcat

Single-Sixer
Bear Paw Jack said:
I'm thinking I need to wait and see what happens at SHOT, which starts next week. Wish I was going. I also wish I was over this crud I have.
Waiting to see what comes up at SHOT show is a good plan. I've had that "crud" for over a week now. Missed 4 days of work, sick on 3-day weekend, and going into another weekend feeling like poo. Hope you feel better.

Did I read somewhere here, where someone said Ruger will come out with 40 new models this year? I'd say wait for the SHOT show to see what's new.

Then again, a precision target rifle could be a lot of fun...

trapperon

Blackhawk
Marlin

I know you enjoy big bore revolvers.....and I realize this is a ruger board.....but--have you got a Smith and Wesson model 69 yet??? Coolest 5 holer out there!

Ron

Ron, I don't have a 69. In my experience S&W's don't handle the recoil as well as a Ruger. I am tempted, probably my closest gun is my 3" GP100 44 Special. Ruger went out of their way on the Trigger of that model. Not saying I wouldn't like to try a 69, actually I would. I've got all 3 Alaskans and the angle of that grip is very hard to beat. But I may need to add that to the list of one to fondle. Thanks.

Marlin

edited to add, it's a mystery to me how S&W can put a 44 Mag in an L frame and Ruger decides to put an S&W 44 special in virtually the same gun. I think people already know the S&W is a handful, while the Ruger is more of a comfortable shooter, and are inclined to load them heavier. Just a guess obviously.

El Bango

Bearcat
I picked up a LNIB Ruger Single Six in .32 H&R magnum. I like it better than beer. Kick myself in the butt I didn't do it 30 years ago. BTW I also have all the stompers and enjoy them alot but there's just something about this little shooter....

2 dogs

Buckeye
The 32s are just excellent. The 327 is even better. All due caution must be advised. Addiction is a foregone conclusion...