Somebody, Talk Me Out of Buying This!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Tip

Single-Sixer
Yesterday, I came across an "oldie, but a goodie."
Nothing especially collectible, but desirable...
a 4" blued Security Six. (At least, I think it's desirable -since I've yet to own one!)

This is by far the nicest example I've come across in a retail setting. If it's been fired, it shows no sign of it. The cylinder has the ubiquitous turn ring, albeit a very faint one. The bluing looks excellent, as do the grips. No box, etc. I believe I can get it for well under 4 bills.

I've been accumulating revolvers this year and I'm due for a classic Ruger. I've recently joined RENE and as far as I can tell, this isn't a rare model, whatsoever. Just a fine example of a near-40 year old gun.

Thoughts? Experiences?

152gcb8.jpg

gasbag

Blackhawk
Don't buy that gun.
If you do, watching the Jerry Springer Show will be mandatory.
Tammy Faye Bakker will be the next pinup in Playboy.
Pelosi will be our next president.

So..........it's all up to you now..... :roll:

Personally I don't think I'd want any of that on MY shoulders.

Luckyducker

Single-Sixer
If I lived any where near where your at I would trade/buy it out from under you, but since I can't have it you better pull the lever and do the deal!

P.S. How's that for talking you out of it? :mrgreen:

The problem is, at that price, it's almost obligatory to buy the gun. If it's a bad deal. No one would think any less of you. But when it's a very good deal, well... you don't want people to think you are too much of a tight wad to jump on a good deal. They will say, "Yep, he's a sharp shopper and found a great deal on that gun." We'd all be proud of you. :) Did I talk you out of it???

Tip

Single-Sixer
Well, all of you were lousy at talking me out of it!
Ha, ha! :lol:

It's mine, now. :D

Thanks for all the responses... I wish tinypic weren't giving me trouble posting pics.