Did anyone see this Ruger SP101 sell on Gunbroker

Help Support Ruger Forum:

peyton

Single-Sixer
I spend a lot of time and some money on Gone Broker, this Ruger SP101 said buy me. Good thing my common sense told me to get out early!!
Ruger SP101 327 Mag Custom by Cylinder and Slide, it sold for $2,525.00!!

http://www.gunbroker.com/Item/675083938

ditto1958

Blackhawk
Hmmm... well... um...

1. An SP101 is a nice "workhorse" revolver.
2. Cylinder and Slide did a very nice job on that one.

In my humble opinion, that's waaaay too much for that gun. If the buyer ever decides to sell it, I wonder- will he get his money back? Seems to me that at that price a really nice older Colt would be a much better investment.

wagsfn

Bearcat
It may be years before this buyer can expect a return on there investment concerning this revolver if they decide to sell. Or, maybe they know the firearms return market better than most. Still a neat firearm.

skeeter

Single-Sixer
It seems way over priced, but maybe its someone with a lot of money that doesn't care. Maybe they just want to shoot it. Although there was 37 bids. Seems more than one person wanted it.

Mus408

Hunter
Other than a super clean and smoothed out finish I don't see much special.
Hope the person likes it for that kind of coin!

needsmostuff

Blackhawk
Does seem a little steep.
I would like to see a little better aerial view of the top strap to see how they pulled off the rear sight.

Well, whoever just sold it apparently made out OK, although we don't know how much he had in it to begin with.

One born every minute . . .

:shock: :roll: :mrgreen:

peyton

Single-Sixer
Thanks for confirming my thoughts, now actually I like the sights on it.

Galaxiedan

Blackhawk
Looks like buyer spends alot on customs. Has 3 high dollar wins in his feedback recently. More power to him if he can afford to buy what he wants.

I sent a 3" fixed sight SP101 to Mag-Na-Port and had action work done and adjustable sights put on it. Right at that time Ruger came out with the 4" adjustable sight model. They did a nice job on it and it had a veletone finish. The SP101 just doesn't fit my hands well so I sold it here some time ago.