1975 Super Blackhawk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

metalreptile

Bearcat
Got my eyes on a Super Blackhawk at a local shop. Shop owner says it was made in 1975. High polish blue. 7.5 inch barrel. Pre-warning. Has box and all paperwork. Looks like it has been stored & not shot......very very little use, if any. Not even a ring on the cylinder. Beautiful revolver. I don't really need another 44, but this thing is just calling my name. How much should I put into it & not feel bad about it? I'd like to at least feel like I got a good deal on it! It is marked $450.....what say ye?

Three50seven

Buckeye
That's a fair price for one in that condition. I paid $350 for one a couple years ago. Also a 1975 with box and papers, but mine had been shot quite a bit. I was tickled to get it for that price.

trapperon

Blackhawk
great snag! You certainly couldnt get a new one for that price---and those early pre warning models just look "right" with just the barrel address.

good move!

Ron

Slenk

Single-Sixer
You would have to ad $100 in the shops around here for one .

metalreptile

Bearcat
Yup....I learned a long time ago that if you snooze, you lose....especially in this shop. If you want it, you better grab it......lol. I'll post a pic or three when I finally get it home.

metalreptile

Bearcat
Well, got 'er home today. Not much on taking pictures, but here she is!

DSCN7956_zpsmmpkuq9u.jpg

PriseDeFer

Single-Sixer
Some fine big iron. Those old Texas Rangers who packed those Walkers and Dragoons would dismount and stand in line to get a look at that.