Rare Ruger 3" Speed Six Stainless

Help Support Ruger Forum:

niadhf

Bearcat
So, the fact I just picked up a .38 Special Speed Six SS DAO at under $300 (good but used condition) should be a steal, then? 8)

lovemydals

Buckeye
FergusonTO35 said:
Drool, drool, drool....

What is even more impressive is that you put that together even though none of the Sixes are legal for sale where you live!

FergusonTO35,

In recent years it has been really difficult to find, let alone purchase Speed-Sixes. Private party sales of used handguns are still legal in CA & late November 2015, I was able to acquire a used Speed-Six .38 Spl with 2 3/4" barrel (SS-82) for $350. Nice find, as it filled a hole in my display. Thanks for the "Drools"!

lmd

PS. Bear Paw Jack, I sent you a PM.

mike4570

Bearcat
As I understood it, the only true 3 inch speed sixes were the postal service guns.
I have one that has a matte, almost vapor blasted finish and came with Ruger marked finger grips.
Does anyone know of another 3" model?
Thanks!

Terry T

Buckeye
Once the true 3" barrel (stainless) was in the parts bin, it also showed up in .38 spl. and on a Police Service Six in .357 mag. (The Postal Service Speed Sixs were in .357 mag.)
It was never 'cataloged' nor offered to the public, but was available for police sales.
I have a (true) 3" Stainless Police Service Six and I had a 3" Speed Six in .38 spl. (very hard to find) that 'Lovemydals' talked me out of. :shock:
I do not believe we have yet found a true 3" in blued. :shock:
Terry T