Ruger Super Blackhawk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Tim628

Single-Sixer
Did Ruger ever make a small run of Super Blackhawk 44 mags (new model) with 10" barrel instead of the 10.5"? I had an elderly gentleman try to sell me one at a local gun show this weekend and priced it at $1200. He tried to convince me that they were very rare an expensive. I did not buy into it and can't find any information. I know they made an old model flattop in 10", but I had never saw or heard of one in the new model. If so, what is the story on them and value. Thanks

Tim628

Single-Sixer
I thought the same thing about measuring. I was trying to be respectful due to his age, but first he wouldn't tell me what he wanted until I made him an offer then he acted offended and claimed it was a rare piece. Thanks for the response.
Tim

lfpiii

Blackhawk
If it had been an Old Model I could have believed that it was a lunch box gun. Until 1968 Ruger employees could purchase gun parts and assemble their own guns during lunch. In the 80s I meet a retired gunsmith for Ruger that had built several guns including an Old Model Super with a 16 inch barrel. He had pictures taken at the factory building the gun.