Ahhhhhh...my new Ruger Vaquero birdshead...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

alien883

Bearcat
Unboxed, oiled and double cleaned, smelled, licked, handled and loved on first looks....build like a tank..ohhhh and the smoth action!!
Off to the shooting range>> Ruger Vaquero, birds head grip in 45ACP, 3.75 inch in SS...
Loading, aiming....fire in the hole!!!
Ahhhhh, ehhhhhh...upsss.....way low, way to the left....hmmmm....
Again, loading, aiming....left and low.....#$%%$#@&&^%^%56
OK, calling Ruger:
Yes we had this problem before and we are aware of it!....What, a 600 dollar RUGER product and it wont shoot straight....and you guys are aware of it????
Yes sir, please send gun to us we check into it....
Ehhhh, hmmmmm......well what will this cost me??
Short story long, the Vaquero went back into the box, Ruger send a PAID FedEx label BOTH ways! and out the door she went.
After confirming the Vaquero arrived, I got 6! days later a e-mail and it says: Your Vaquero will arrive in 2 days at your doorsteps...hmmmmm.
Super friendly, super fast and super cheap...FREE!! Now if this Vaquero now shoots straight, I can say its a super RUGER.....
I keep you all posted....
Ohhhhh....and if anybody at Ruger listens in....fix these beautiful SA in the first place...remember, its a RUGER!!!!

Mus408

Hunter
I know the feelin' ....... Had to send my new Super Redhawk Alaskan back with too much cylinder gap .011 and a cylinder that wasn't aligned properly with the barrel.
Maybe I'll here something next week.
However I too have a new .45 ACP Birdshead and it was perfect right out the box!

stantheman86

Buckeye
My blued .45 ACP Birdshead arrived with a bent front sight blade and rust damage on the butt.......

I was wondering why it was hitting to the left the first time out......then saw the blade was bent to the right.....I have yet to attempt to knock it straight.

I was planning to have it hard chromed anyway, so I'll let the rust damage slide.....