Vaule of a 30 Carbine Blackhawk 3 screw 7-1/2 Update

Help Support Ruger Forum:

wildchild2010

Bearcat
Have a new in the box .30 Carbine Blackhawk 3 screw 7-1/2, blue with a 3 digit serial number 2xx. I plan on calling Ruger to get some history on it, I checked there website looking for a year and date and noting solid.

SATCOM

Blackhawk
wildchild2010,

Sounds like a nice package. I hope Ruger will provide you with wanted data.

1968 must be the birth year for your 2XX gun, as it is first year of BKH-31s. Most all of the 9000+ non prefixed (not 50-XXXXX) guns were manufactured in 1968. Mr. Dougan's books also list a few very odd serial numbers not fitting normal production years. The 7 1/2" barrel was the only option for the entire run of this gun.

SATCOM

wildchild2010

Bearcat
I had talked to Ruger the other day, and they said the serial numbers in their system don`t go back that far.

The serial number on this gun, they will have to manually go through the hand logs to locate it, as it`s not on the Computer file ( Due to the age of it) they said. They sent me to 4 different locations to try located in this and that you had no luck and doing it. They are very interested in looking at the info on this one.

They asked me to send him some pictures and pictures of the box the serial number and they will write up a certification of Authenticity and some info on the gun.

The "records are unavailable" story is a reasonably recent situation.. It used to be that the ladies in the old records department could research all the paper and microfiche records except for a very few "lost in the flood" and produce documentation for nearly all the guns. This ability (and perhaps the desire to do so) has apparently gone away with the modernization of the firm . . . more's the pity.

JMHO

nhdon

Bearcat
I have a 4 digit 30 carbine which was returned in first year for work and the sent in for the free update two years ago . I was told last month the records are not current and send money for a certificate of a if I want any further info.. (I do have box oil paper and bill of sale). no its not for sale its having offspring in may don k

nhdon said:
I have a 4 digit 30 carbine which was returned in first year for work and the sent in for the free update two years ago . I was told last month the records are not current and send money for a certificate of a if I want any further info.. (I do have box oil paper and bill of sale). no its not for sale its having offspring in may don k
Hope Ruger sent the original parts back with the upgrade? With the old parts your gun is worth a couple hundred dollars more. One of the most fun accurate guns Ruger ever made.
Eric

nhdon

Bearcat
I did get all the parts back my plan was to have it converted to 22 hornet but could not give 30 carbine as I have had good luck with it. one of my kids would kick in a nm 30 he had for the convert, but as it turned out clements custom had a ss 224 barrel already marked 22 k hornet .. I guess the 7204 will get converted to khornet to match the sbh. may seems a long way off don k

contender

Ruger Guru
Spend the $10 & get the letter. As mentioned above, the computer records are not as up to date as we'd like. They have to pay the staff to take the time to do the records search "the old way" and it costs $$$ to do so. When you think of the millions of guns Ruger has made, followed by the fact that the computer age is still in it's infancy, you can't expect them to have had the time & money to convert all the records to a computer file. I'd bet there are a few rooms filled to the brim with boxes & boxes of old records. It will be a herculean task to ever get them all into a computer database.
But, a normal factory letter on a 3 digit 30 Carbine OM, will reveal it's ship date, and it's correct model info, such as BKH-31, shipped in July 1968. (This is a good example, NOT the actual info.) Now, in the case of the OP's gun, a serial number 2xx is likely a gun that went to a "subscriber" of Rugers. That means the person it was shipped to got all new Rugers with the exact same serial number. When the subscriber program ended, I think there were 500 guns set aside for this program. 001-500.