Single Seven update

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Malcolm2

Bearcat
I received my Single Seven 2 weeks ago. I took it to the range, fired 5 rounds and when I attempted to eject the cases, they decided to remain in the cylinder. 327 American Eagle 100 grain. Called Ruger on the 11th got the shiiping label from them and sent it back. I received a call today saying that they couldn't repair mine but would send a new one to my dealer to be picked up after the transfer process. Mine was a 4 5/8 barrel model.

I wish my revolver had worked, failing that I can't fault Ruger's service and their providing me with a replacement gun.

Ethang

Blackhawk
Well hopefully they will cherry pick one for you. Kinda odd though, I would have thought that would be a cylinder issue, not the whole pistol.

Oh and thanks for that reminder Terry. I can work around the vertical, but I don't want to have to use Kentucky windage AND elevation.

Smee781

Single-Sixer
I have been on the fence about picking up one of these, I already have a 32 H&R birdshead SS but a new stainless SS with 7 shots would be one round funner! lol...

TJPopkin

Bearcat
I am a bit "bummed". I want to purchase a Single Seven, but I live in MD, and no dealer has sent the "Roster Board" a sample to allow it to be approved for sale in the State. Crazy, a Single Six in .32H&R is fine, but every design and caliber change requires approval. Thus….I cannot buy one in MD…not until it gets approved.
I am shooting a really nice gun, but it is a S&W Model 16-4 that has been rechambered by Hamilton Bowens to .327 Federal. It is awesome, but I love the Ruger SA, especially once I use Wolff Springs. Waiting patiently.

glenncal1

Bearcat
My 7.5" came in this weekend, gun looks good, didn't measure the BC gap but it "eyeballs" good. Grips don't fit great, but not too bad. Will get to the range soon. Gun handles very well and is a lot lighter than the .327 blackhawk I sold to buy the single 7.

Ethang

Blackhawk
I squeezed a range trip in today between the downpours. Weather conditions were bad, very high winds, dropping temps and rain. I wanted to try the W296 and stouter 32 magnum loads and see if my POI got closer to the 327 loads.

I loaded up 10 rounds using 10.5 grains of 296, Winchester SP, Starline 32 magnum cases and the Missouri Cast 100 grain. I did not check for velocity but this was a nice stout load. I did get more unburnt powder in the barrel then I would like, and a bit of blow back. Primers appeared no more flattened than my other loads and the cases ejected easily. The round high in the black was called, it got away from me. The other round high and right I can't account for, the rest all felt good.

I worried a couple broken pieces of clay target at 100 yards with a couple cylinders full of my normal loads then called it a day.

glenncal1

Bearcat
I took my 7.5" out for its initial range session this weekend. Very nice shooting gun. Easy 2" groups at 25 yards with the 100 grain factory loads. A little tricky to load and unload the trigger broke clean but a little heavy. I will put a few hundred rounds through the gun and then see if I want to do anything about the trigger. It is a good sized for the .327 round.