41 Mag Question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I see a site that I check frequently has a old model Blackhawk for sale. They have it listed as a 6.5" 41 mag with a 3 digit serial number. Sounds great. But the gun has a square trigger guard that does not look brass. Did Ruger make one like this? I suspect it is a 44 mag.

contender

Ruger Guru
The Dragoon grip frame was only on the Super Blackhawks in blue. It's an easy swap to do to put one under a Blackhawk.
Depending upon the rest of the gun & the price,,, it may be worth it. A swap of grip frames would be easy.
Or, it may be a 44 mag Super as you brought up.

SATCOM

Blackhawk
A real three digit gun? Or a 40-00XXX which is not a three digit gun? Box marked with BKH-42 (6 1/2")? Not converted? No modifications like red insert in front site?
Only out of normal is blued steel dragoon grip frame?

What do they want for it??? A boxed with shipper three screw Ruger Blackhawk
.41 mag without a grip frame at all would interest to me and depending on price still could be a good deal. Contender was correct and condition of rest of gun is important to a collector. I guarantee you a RF member would be glad to trade you a XR3-RED grip frame with grips for a blued steel dragoon frame with grips.

Where are you located?

Asking price?

Lots of questions but some I'm sure you can answer.

Thanks,

SATCOM

I am not selling it. Just was wondering if it was a rare find or something. It is for sale in Houston at Collector's Firearms for $995 and is a real 3 digit. Collector's Firearms has a website and it is listed there. The pics of the gun are very good. I find it hard to believe that it is in such good shape with the boxes and somebody would have change the grip frame on it. Anyway, good luck.

contender

Ruger Guru
I kinda figured it'd be a 41 mag since it had the Super designation. Plus,,, a 6-1/2" super is rare. But,, you never know!

Hondo44

Hawkeye
paulmark3010 said:
I am not selling it. Just was wondering if it was a rare find or something. It is for sale in Houston at Collector's Firearms for $995 and is a real 3 digit. Collector's Firearms has a website and it is listed there. The pics of the gun are very good. I find it hard to believe that it is in such good shape with the boxes and somebody would have change the grip frame on it. Anyway, good luck.

Many didn't like the alloy alum grip frame on the old models and the dragoon grip frame was the only steel choice back in the day. So installing the dragoon steel GF was very common. Some just liked the length of the dragoon GF, especially those with large hands.The gun's balance was improved plus the extra weight damped the recoil.