The Ruger they'd have to build from the ground up

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mr surveyor

Blackhawk
diyj98 said:
A 44 special on the SP-101 or even GP-100 frame. Not one with anyone's name on it, special exotic wood, etc. Just a nice standard production revolver.

this is what I've been lusting for, but I think we all know it's gonna have to be on a totally new frame somewhere between the SP and GP .....

then, how about an SP+Frame in .41 magnum .... I buy dies and components :)

drastic_quench

Bearcat
Thel said:
I would like to see a 5 shot .44 magnum GP100. S&W did it with the L frame.
A hunting model should be an option with this one too. I don't need that sixth shot for deer.

Rclark

Hunter
I was thinking about a .32-20 or .32 H & R Magnum, six shot, 4" barrel, with a two-piece brass grip frame. The grip frame more closely like that of an 1849 Colt Pocket Model, blue. Maybe even send the frame to Doug Turnbull for his color case hardening.
Yep I'd go for that, or something along the lines of the CA .44Spec Bulldog with wood grips.... Pocket revolvers :) . I can't think of one 'large' revolver that is 'needed', with what is on the market today. A SA BH is available in .44Mag or .45 Colt of which each have been used in Africa to take the biggest animals.... Not sure what a DA is used for ... but they are available too ;) .

RonS

Single-Sixer
.45 ACP moon clip revolver, Redhawk frame only with a spike grip, all possible weight removed by slimming the barrel and frame, offered in 3" and 5" barrels. Interchangeable front sight, factory red dot base in the store. Shipped with rubber grips, wood grips like the old Dan Wesson wood grips in the Ruger store.

Snake45

Hawkeye
A .22LR single action on the full size .357 Blackhawk frame. If they want to put more holes than 6 in it, that would be fine with me, as long as the cylinder doesn't have more than six flutes on it (if any).

mr surveyor

Blackhawk
I have really stubby, chunky, crooked, semi-arthritic fingers, and the SP101 frame is about as close as I can get to a "natural grip" on a DA revolver. I know I'm not the only one out there that is digitally challenged (we really should unite and press for being declared a "protected class"). We like big bores too. The firearms makers ("Big Gun") have been discriminating against us for too long. It's time for action.......

It'll never work, but I tried :)

JD

FergusonTO35

Hunter
I would love to see a six shot .38 special revolver that is actually carry size. I think it could be easily accomplished by stretching the SP-101 frame a bit. Give it a 2.5-3" barrel and keep the weight under 30 oz. and I would be very happy to buy one. Until then I'll just keep my eyes out for a 3" S&W 64.

Snake45

Hawkeye
FergusonTO35 said:
I would love to see a six shot .38 special revolver that is actually carry size. I think it could be easily accomplished by stretching the SP-101 frame a bit. Give it a 2.5-3" barrel and keep the weight under 30 oz. and I would be very happy to buy one. Until then I'll just keep my eyes out for a 3" S&W 64.
A man after my own heart! Back in the '80s, I was fortunate enough to purchase a brand new 3" (rare) Colt Detective Special barrel, when Numrich was closing them out cheap. Someday, sooner or later, I am going to come across a reasonably priced (cheap) "project" Colt Dick Special or other D-frame to screw it onto.

k22fan

Blackhawk
drastic_quench said:
[...] So tossing all that realism out the window, if Ruger came to you and asked what would you like in a Ruger revolver? [...]

For bullseye matches and hunting a stainless .22 LR Security Six with a barrel a little over 8" -- what ever length would give a 10" sight radius. Also a handier 4" version. The 4" version might actually sell.

My large Ruger revolvers seem to have all the bases covered with one glaring gap: moon clip loaders have an edge over all others in local faster blaster matches. In my area action pistol draw and shoot fast type matches out number slow accuracy matches 2 or 3 to one. Ruger sure is slow dipping a toe into that market.

drastic_quench said:
I'd most love to have a 4" Super Redhawk without the "plumber's barrel." Here's a decent photoshop I found on another forum. Skip the porting for me.

kGqqJJ5.jpg

I have asked the CEO so many times, requesting just this! I too, want it without the Taurus Handicap Holes. I'd buy it in a heartbeat, even at MSRP (don't tell my wife)!

VictorLouis

Single-Sixer
Easy-peasy:

Add ADJUSTABLE SIGHTS TO THE BEARCATS! HELLO?!?!?!?

Three-inch barrelled SP101 in .22LR as another poster mentioned.

Minor(?) tooling? :

The .44 GP100, either in Special (But is Smith can, so could Ruger) or Mag

eveled

Hawkeye
30/30 revolver, in stainless, either Blackhawk or Redhawk. Eight inch barrel. Although a 30/30 Alaskan would be super cool. Ed

trouble

Single-Sixer
A full lug 454/45 on the SRH frame say 5" would get my money in a hurry, oh and with the old target grey finish.

drastic_quench

Bearcat
Galaxiedan said:
How about a lever action in pistol calibers? I love my Rossi '92 but the quality is a little lacking.
Oh, absolutely. As long as it has the rear loading gate, and not the modern Henry-style tube load. I'd also like if it didn't look like Ruger's last lever gun which looked like a 10/22 with a lever. I prefer the traditional look - even if it's not replicating any particular lever gun.

Galaxiedan

Blackhawk
drastic_quench said:
Galaxiedan said:
How about a lever action in pistol calibers? I love my Rossi '92 but the quality is a little lacking.
Oh, absolutely. As long as it has the rear loading gate, and not the modern Henry-style tube load. I'd also like if it didn't look like Ruger's last lever gun which looked like a 10/22 with a lever. I prefer the traditional look - even if it's not replicating any particular lever gun.
I'd be tickled if they would replicate the 1892. Think how happy the CASS guys would be!

LaneP

Single-Sixer
A 5 shot stainless SBH chambered in .454 and .480. Build it like a tank so you can red line it and not have sticky case extraction as I understand is possible in the current SRH .454.