New Ruger Revolver

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
Cool !!! I have two 6" GP 100's in .357 but mine are fluted cylinder guns.
I put a red dot on the first one I bought and it shoots like a rifle but I liked it so much before the red dot I decided I had to have one set up both ways. At 70 my eyes just prefer red dots or scopes. I use a diopter with irons at the range and can shoot fine with irons that way.
We will be looking for your range report soon. Enjoy !!!

Mus408

Hunter
Very nice revolver! How was the overall quality of it?
On .357 Mag revolvers in the large size how is the felt recoil with the wood grips?

red ryder

Single-Sixer
Mus408 said:
Very nice revolver! How was the overall quality of it?
On .357 Mag revolvers in the large size how is the felt recoil with the wood grips?
Quality is very good and it's a fine replacement for my S&W 686 which I sold over three years ago. I started out shooting Remington .38's 130 gr. and after a dozen I loaded up with Hornady 125 gr. XTP .357's. What a difference! I was used to .45 ACP and 9mm and lately only 9 mm. When the .357 went off, there was a loud (and I mean LOUD) blast and it looked like the muzzle was on fire. However the recoil was manageable and not as painful as when I shot a .357 with a smaller revolver. I don't remember which small revolver it was, perhaps a J frame S&W or an LCR, but only a fool does that twice. I'm very happy with the Ruger.

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
SHOOTER said:
Is there any way to do a trigger job on a gp100?
This is the IBOK (Iowegan Book Of Knowledge) for the GP-100. It will take you from start to finish.

https://gunner777.wordpress.com/2008/08/24/ruger-gp100sp101book-of-knowledge/

SHOOTER said:
Is there any way to do a trigger job on a gp100?

You can do it by the book.
1) The IBOK, Iowegan Book or
2) The checkbook. Any of the ruger pistolsmiths. Mag-Na-Port, Bayside Custom, Bowen, etc..

Teddy Jacobson did mine, but unfortunately he is no longer with us. I have had work done from the irst two above and had good results.

Wolffe Springs also help.

ditto1958

Blackhawk
A friend at the range bought one of those a few months ago. He invited me to try it, and I was pretty impressed. Very nice gun.