RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:19 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: LCP question
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:45 am 
Hawkeye

I agree. It looks like something like that, the magazine catches the latch on the way in instead of sliding by. The magazine goes in okay if one holds the release button down slightly which indicates that. I've been lazy in not removing the catch and taking a close look at it. Reshaping it a wee bit should do the job.

Paul W.
Sad NRA Life Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:42 pm 
Hunter

My loaded magazine slides right in and locks up tight in my LCP w/o touching the mag release.

Conservative Republican

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:11 pm 
Hunter

loaded round wrote:
My loaded magazine slides right in and locks up tight in my LCP w/o touching the mag release.

Our's as well

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:36 pm 
Hawkeye

Yep, that's what they're supposed to do. I haven't done anything about it, just lazy and have other things to do. It actually doesn't bother me, the day I have to make super fast magazine changes with that gun I'll be in real trouble.

Paul W.
Sad NRA Life Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:36 pm 
Hawkeye

exavid wrote:
Yep, that's what they're supposed to do. I haven't done anything about it, just lazy and have other things to do. It actually doesn't bother me, the day I have to make super fast magazine changes with that gun I'll be in real trouble.

:shock: You can say that again! :shock: :mrgreen:
gramps

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:56 pm 
Hawkeye

I solved the LCP problem for me. I sold it and my LC9s because it was getting too difficult to rack the slide with my arthritic hands. I replaced them with a S&W Shield EZ. That one I can rack easily. I wish Ruger would come out with an easy-to-rack carry gun, being a Ruger fan and all. I'm down to three Ruger rifles, and two Ruger target pistols and the EZ.

Sure is the pits to get old. I sold my BMW 650 Scooter and bought a Honda Silverwing 600 scooter because the larger and heavier BMW was becoming almost impossible to put up on its center stand.

Oh well, I'm finding things like the Honda scooter and the S&W EZ to help compensate. Ain't quit riding and shooting yet.

Paul W.
Sad NRA Life Member