Ruger 9E

Help Support Ruger Forum:

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
Jon406 said:
Glad I found mine for $305 OTD, dang I love this pistol.

Right after I bought mine almost 2 years ago, I loaded up 3 mags (all I had) with 135 grn +P Hornady, went out back and fired off 52 rounds as fast as I could pull the trigger and swap mags - maybe 30 or 40 seconds. Figured if I was gonna carry the thing, might as well find out how it would do under stress. Got pretty warm, but not one hiccup. :D

teuthis

Single-Sixer
I got in on that Ruger double mag sale too. A place I love to look and purchase from though is Bud's Guns. They have low prices on everything, including magazines. I just got two for my American Compact 9mm and almost halved the price I paid Ruger. Factory mags too.

teuthis

Single-Sixer
Gunnygene, I took your advice about the steel guide rod. Got it from Galloway. Thanks again for the information. What pushed me over was that my Ruger American Pistol Compact came with one. I appreciate your help. Good Luck

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
teuthis said:
Gunnygene, I took your advice about the steel guide rod. Got it from Galloway. Thanks again for the information. What pushed me over was that my Ruger American Pistol Compact came with one. I appreciate your help. Good Luck

Notice any difference in shooting it? :)

teuthis

Single-Sixer
I should have said, it's on the way. haha. I ordered and they have sent it out. Should have it soon.

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
teuthis said:
I should have said, it's on the way. haha. I ordered and they have sent it out. Should have it soon.

Ok. We'll be expecting a range report, ya' know. :wink: :) I assume you got the 20lb spring?

Shiftless

Bearcat
teuthis said:
Evidently Ruger was paring down the existing model and, in my humble opinion, created a first class, full sized pistol of outstanding quality. I really like the 9E. I have learned with trigger and can put rounds into the bulls-eye consistently with this pistol. I love the balance and function of it. Sold the Glock, which I didn't really like much anyway. The 9E is my choice for a full-sized pistol. Once can pay a great deal more and not get the quality and reliability of the 9E.
I too was pleasantly surprised by the 9e, some folks would call it a sleeper. I shoot it well, must be the pistol? I also had just acquired a new S&W M&P45 in May, nice weapon, but I traded it yesterday on a new American 45, I just didn't like the trigger..... the cut of its' jib I guess.
Very nice shooter the 9E, and here's to the new American 45! Maybe a couple tweaks, striker, guide rod.
You have to have the right feel for something, be it a car, a pair of jeans, new shoes, well, ya know.
I guess I worked for the money, I get to spend some of it on cool stuff _^._.^_ YAY!
Peace!

teuthis

Single-Sixer
Gunnygene I got the 18 lbs spring. I keep my firearms as close to factory specs as possible if I do mods on them. This time under the position that Ruger knew what they were doing with the 18 lb. spring. Just me. :)

Shiftless you are right on all counts. Gunnygene convinced me to get a new guide rod. It's nice to know you are doing the same. Good luck! :)

ifithitu

Single-Sixer
Jon406 said:
GunnyGene said:
Jon406 said:
Got to love the 9E... two different 9E targets several years apart... the first one is my new 9E, the second one several years ago
shooting a friends 9E at the same range.

Ruger 9E Targets by Jon406, on Flickr

Done any after market mods? What distance were you shooting for these? Good hits. :D

I'm pretty much standard on my self defense practice, 3, 5 and 7 yards and no mods have been done to my 9E. The only one I'm thinking about is to better the
sights, for better visibility for me.
Wow that's some very good shooting there with your Ruger 9E.I enjoy shooting mine too.

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
teuthis said:
Gunnygene I got the 18 lbs spring. I keep my firearms as close to factory specs as possible if I do mods on them. This time under the position that Ruger knew what they were doing with the 18 lb. spring. Just me. :)

I thought about that, but figured for $30 it was worth a shot, and it's not permanent so I could always put the original 18lb spring back in. I liked the 20lb tho so will keep it installed. Better control, less snappy with the ammo I use.

teuthis

Single-Sixer
The 18 lbs spring that I bought at your recommendation works fine. It is a marked improvement. I know you said 20 but I always stick with factory specs. :) Thanks for the help.

Latest posts