Slide locked in fire position on my lcp9s

Help Support Ruger Forum:

larry ejchorszt

Bearcat
I have a ruger lcp9s I removed the clip and tried to eject the round in the chamber however the slide action is locked in the closed position. Has anyone experienced the problem and how did you fix it. I stuck with a live round in the chamber.

SR1911SHOOTER

Blackhawk
larry ejchorszt said:
I have a ruger lcp9s I removed the clip and tried to eject the round in the chamber however the slide action is locked in the closed position. Has anyone experienced the problem and how did you fix it. I stuck with a live round in the chamber.

Larry, I agree with 5 of 7. I took the slide out of my LC9s left the safety on, and the slide
will not open. If the safety is not on, I would advise you to take it immediately to a gun smith.
Blackie

Seems like I locked mine up a while back, but did not have one in the chamber and I think I fixed it the old fashion way... I whopped the heck out of it....

another solution? go to the range and see if it will fire? then at least you have just a spent cartridge in it while working on the problem...

Speaking of LC9s's.... I shot mine today... the damn thing is just too damn accurate for a little pistol.