New SKU's for Mark IV pistols

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rangerbob

Buckeye
Sports South is showing some new model numbers for more Mark IV's. # 40159 is a 5.5" with fixed sights, #40160 is a 6 7/8" with adjustable sights, and 43909 is a 4.4" in BRZ. #8645 is a compact .45 American. Since there is already a 5.5" target, hopefully the 40159 will be a fixed sight tapered barrel model. Maybe by spring, we'll know. We can add #43906 which is a 4.4" 22/45 version. Bob!! :D

Rei40c

Blackhawk
While Ruger has stated many times there will be further models of the Mk IV coming including a 22/45 variant I'm a little surprised we may see a new model so soon. They seemed to set the expectation on seeing new models further down the road. Maybe just to cover themselves in case there was an unexpected delay.

In any event I can't wait to see what this turns out to be.

rangerbob

Buckeye
I see the fixed sight 5.5" model competing directly against the S&W Victory of the same barrel length. S&W is running an ad in the current American Rifleman with the Victory in a S&W logoed holster with a spare mag pouch on the holster's side. A very neat setup. Bob!! :wink:

rangerbob

Buckeye
The mentioned models are now on the Ruger website. They all have adjustable sights, not fixed as I mentioned earlier. Bob!!

Rei40c

Blackhawk
rangerbob said:
The mentioned models are now on the Ruger website. They all have adjustable sights, not fixed as I mentioned earlier. Bob!!

Amazing, just in time for Christmas. I have my eye on the bronze 22/45 lite. Again much sooner than I expected this is great news. Threaded barrel included on that one even. I really am hoping the Hearing Protection Act passes but I'm hearing some say not to hold your breath. I'd hate to be the last guy to pay for a tax stamp before they didn't even require one, but this is what I'd like to put a can on.

Kanook

Buckeye
Rei40c said:
I'd hate to be the last guy to pay for a tax stamp before they didn't even require one, but this is what I'd like to put a can on.

WASHINGTON, D.C. – The American Suppressor Association (ASA) is pleased to announce the introduction of the Hearing Protection Act (HPA) by Rep. Matt Salmon (AZ-05). This historic piece of legislation will remove suppressors from the purview of the National Firearms Act (NFA), replacing the antiquated federal transfer process with an instantaneous NICS background check. The HPA also includes a provision to refund the $200 transfer tax to applicants who purchase a suppressor after October 22, 2015.

http://americansuppressorassociation.com/asa-announces-hearing-protection-act-a-bill-to-remove-suppressors-from-the-nfa/

Kanook

Buckeye
So I can't find a regular MKIV that comes with a threaded barrel on the site, only the 22/45 lite.

Rei40c

Blackhawk
Kanook said:
Rei40c said:
I'd hate to be the last guy to pay for a tax stamp before they didn't even require one, but this is what I'd like to put a can on.

WASHINGTON, D.C. – The American Suppressor Association (ASA) is pleased to announce the introduction of the Hearing Protection Act (HPA) by Rep. Matt Salmon (AZ-05). This historic piece of legislation will remove suppressors from the purview of the National Firearms Act (NFA), replacing the antiquated federal transfer process with an instantaneous NICS background check. The HPA also includes a provision to refund the $200 transfer tax to applicants who purchase a suppressor after October 22, 2015.

http://americansuppressorassociation.com/asa-announces-hearing-protection-act-a-bill-to-remove-suppressors-from-the-nfa/

Outstanding! Fingers crossed, not just by me but I'm sure a great many others as well. I'll be checking back at that link later to see how things are progressing. I don't know much about suppressors in terms of brands and types and what is available. I am aware some types can be fitted on multiple firearms using some kind of modular attachment system?

Time to give myself an education on them I suppose.

Kanook

Buckeye
If at all possible, get out and listen to as many as you can. Figure out what is most important, cleaning, length, girth, FRP (first round pop), choices of caliber, rate of fire, tone, ECT....

You will probably end up with 3 silencers, one 22 can, one pistol can, and one rifle can.

Liberty has a great selection of multi purpose mufflers, but don't forget to look at Ruger's Silent SR. It came out after I purchased my Liberty Regulator.

Kanook

Buckeye
Galaxiedan said:
Kanook said:
So I can't find a regular MKIV that comes with a threaded barrel on the site, only the 22/45 lite.
That's what I'm waiting for also. With a very short barrel.
Yuppers, 4 5/8 Hunter model with threaded barrel would be the Bee's knees for me.

Rei40c

Blackhawk
I've been doing a little research and one of the the things I was curious about was the weight of the suppressors. I went to several sites and it seems that the majority of .22 suppressors come in at between 5 and 7 ounces with some exceptions.

My thinking on getting the lite version of the MkIV was that perhaps it will balance better in the hand, but they are much lighter than I guessed so maybe I shouldn't be as concerned with that I'm not sure.

As I'm digging into this I'm hearing a lot of people like SILENCERCO. I looked at Surefire suppressors as well. I have no doubt it's a quality product but they are asking $1200-1600 for various AR platform suppressors for instance. Sorry but that's a deal breaker for me.

I'm just getting into it but there's a lot of companies making these and I'm starting to get lost.

chet15

Hawkeye
Ruger is making all of the Mark IV's in models previously seen in the mark III. Just gotta give them time to get them out.
I've always been biased with Ruger, but with the current pricing of the Mark IV series it will be interesting to see how they do compete with the S&W. Seems S&W would run away with the market even though they are ugly as sin I.M.O.
Chet15