check yer sights

Help Support Ruger Forum:

flyer

Bearcat
i had apistol carry course the other day. the instructor had a field day with my shooting stance (which i knew he would since i shoot unorthodox but its worked) for me 20+ years . i tried his way but i was off on the 3 yard dot. he said it was either my stance or the sights were off. well....the front sight is off by about .20. no big deal i was gonna replace the novaks with some truglu tacticals anyways. just a heads up. i still love this gun, almost as much as my p320.

uscghastings

Bearcat
I wonder if this a Ruger specific problem. I recently picked up an LC9s and took it to the range for the first time today. I noticed I was shooting a couple inches to the left almost every grouping. Didn't think anything of it at the time and chalked up to me shooting a gun new to me. When I took it apart to clean it though, I noticed the front sight was slightly off to the right and possibly the rear sight as well. Not a huge issue to me because I currently have a set of TruGlo TFOs on order, but not something I would expect from a brand new gun. :roll: