P90 hogue grip

Help Support Ruger Forum:

chefrob1

Single-Sixer
anyone have any issue with the left side panel interfering with the trigger bar spring. i ended up shaving off a small plastic pad inside the grip. just wondering if this was SOP (standard op procedure). thx

roylt

Hunter
My PP90DC unit came fitted with the Ruger logoed Hogue so no input really.

All the hogues I have used fit great though. On the 89s, 93s, and 94s.

pyth0n

Buckeye
chefrob1 said:
anyone have any issue with the left side panel interfering with the trigger bar spring. i ended up shaving off a small plastic pad inside the grip. just wondering if this was SOP (standard op procedure). thx
I've installed them on two P90s & one 944, no mods or problems.

chefrob1

Single-Sixer
THIS IS NOT MY GUN...... but i am too lazy to take mine out right now and take pics and upload etc. but where the trigger bar spring curves up at the back of the frame, there is that metal tab (if you will) that rises up. the grips that i had also had a matching hard plastic tab that stuck out and mated with that metal tab. it would not let the spring pass by and hang up there and not let the trigger reset. i cut off the plastic tab and every thing works fine. my question (and hunch) is does the P85/89 frame have an indentation for the tab for the grip to fit into or does anyone have a hogue grip for a P90 that you can check to see if it is minus the tab. just wondering if i got the wrong grip or does the P90 take the same grips for all of the metal P-series?

acf3203.jpg

2nd question.........hey roylt......can ya revive this one? :shock:

pyth0n

Buckeye
According to the Hogue site, the same grip is used for P85 thru 91. There is a raise portion on both the Hogue & stock grips, but they match up with the raised piece on the frame, covering the pin for the ejector. The spring should be fwd of the bump. So the frame won't have a detent. You can see it from the mag well. I'm guessing the spring was getting caught between the grip & frame @ that point.
Second Q. Some duct tape & superglue.

chefrob1

Single-Sixer
i figured the same grip fit the 85/89/90 and it is stamped P89 inside the grip panel......thx for the responses!

roylt

Hunter
I would save a lot of the parts but sadly no. Not all P-guns can be saved. I would send to ruger and get a new gun. Had to do that with a P97 with a bad frame.

I would like to see pics of your pistol and grips though. I have never taken my 90 apart but might have to just to learn more.

Python is right though the inside of the hogue has a flat to cover the pin in the ejector. If you removed that on your grip the pin could slide over and the ejector could get cockeyed in the frame. I suggest you double check before carry. (can't remember if you said you carried your 90 or not)

hittman

Staff member

Poor pics, I know. What isn't clear on the grip pic is there's a "ridge" along the top inside of that grip that allows it to fit flush with the grip frame.

This gun is a DC version.

Inside the grips are marked from the factory:
P-85
Rev. B on the left side

Hogue, Inc.
Rev. B on the right side

chefrob1

Single-Sixer
pyth0n said:
Do you have any info on the 90 in the picture?

no, it was a pic i grabbed off the net. it was in an add off of GB....it sold with a smith that didn't look any better for around $6 for the 2 guns

chefrob1

Single-Sixer
roylt said:
I would like to see pics of your pistol and grips though. I have never taken my 90 apart but might have to just to learn more.

Python is right though the inside of the hogue has a flat to cover the pin in the ejector. If you removed that on your grip the pin could slide over and the ejector could get cockeyed in the frame. I suggest you double check before carry. (can't remember if you said you carried your 90 or not)

i'll get some pics up for ya'll.......and yes this is my EDC.