Hogue Grip

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jav

Single-Sixer
Get the correct size to fit your security 9 it should list it in the back of the hogue grip box. I never ever warm it up just stretch it on muscle it

Snake45

Hawkeye
I tried Hogues back in the '80s and did NOT find them worth the trouble of the funky, nonstandard mounting system. I got a couple old sets around here somewhere somebody can have, if you want to pay the postage.

hittman

Staff member
Yep … hair dryer or heat gun will be needed. Maybe some trimming too,
I've got one on a Glock 43.

bear007

Bearcat
I recently put 1 on a Springfield Armory Hellcat Pro because of a sore bone in my thumb. I did need the heat and stretched it first. It was a tight but perfect fit on the gun and eased the pressure on the bone in my thumb.

Reactions: jav

Al James

Hunter
Just put it in your pants pocket for half an hour or so while you do some other chores. When you take it out it should be around 98.6°. It should go right on at that point without much effort.

Tom-R2

Bearcat
Take the slide/barrel off. Be sure to remove the magazine. I have them on several Ruger handguns. I take an extra large coffee cup and put boiling water in it, then soak the grip for a few minutes (maybe 5 minutes). Then dry it with a paper towel and start pulling it onto the grip. Work it up a little at a time evenly on both sides. Be sure it clears the mag release and isn't hanging down below the bottom of the grip. Once it's on exactly as you want, be sure there is no residual water, and reassemble your pistol.

Tom-R2

Bearcat
Here are a couple of mine.

Attachments

• 20230414_070519.jpg
    20230414_070519.jpg
    291.1 KB · Views: 29

Daryl Licht

Bearcat
Never tried the Hogue. I do have a few with Talons, either because the grip is a little slippery or because I like the shape of the grip, but not the texture. Neither the Hogue or the Talon is terribly expensive, and easy to remove if you don't like it.

Latest posts