SR22 Mags and unable to lock the interchangable floor plates

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Gremy

Bearcat
I was all excited my favorite little gun shop got one of the SR22's in and I bought it right away.

I got home and wanted to try the other floor plate with the finger extension. Now I have swapped the floor plates on my SR9c and LCP with no problems.

When I went to slide the other floor plate on, the catch seems to be off by just a hair where it won't lock in place. Since it came with two mags, I tried the other floor plate and the same thing. So I went to put back the original floor plate without the finger extension and I ran into the same issue.

Has anyone experienced this? How can I try and push it forward so the floor plate locks in place?

Thanks.

9x19

Hunter
Tap the rear edge of the magazine (near the base) against the heel of your hand and the locking tab will probably snap into place.

22eley

Bearcat
9x19 said:
Tap the rear edge of the magazine (near the base) against the heel of your hand and the locking tab will probably snap into place.
If NOT Call Ruger!

davew41

Bearcat
the plastic holders slide sideways and catch the bottom of the magazine and it will not pop into place... just remove them and re-position then and they will slide on just fine

Darkwolf

Bearcat
9x19 said:

This worked for me.

trikerbiker

Bearcat
Had same issue, one popped in by tapping as stated , the other one I just stuck a small punch in the mag slide hole and pushed it over and it popped right in. Love it thus far , put 450 rds through of everything and all brands and no problems.

bigbore45colt

Hunter
I had the same experience as trikerbiker. I used a small screw driver to just slide it forward and they both popped right in.

BB45C

gatorglenn

Bearcat
Hi,

I have the same problems with my mags. I did not have much time to play with them last week but I will try again this week.

Glenn

bspitt

Single-Sixer
I had the same problem. The flat bases worked fine. The pinky extentions did not want to seat. I pulled out the trusty small rubber mallet...wallala! no more issues! Just a few tap and now they are snug & seated properly.

Brannon

gatorglenn

Bearcat
Just a follow up. I called Ruger and talked to them about this problem. They are sending out 2 new magazine spring seats to me. They say there is a problem with the original ones, thus they are replacing them. They did not say that all of them are bad so if yours work, I guess you are good to go.

Glenn

velvalco

Single-Sixer
my experience was the same. I used a small steel machinist scale to slide between the mag body and the floor plate to push the locking tab into place. The finger extension plate imo is much better than the flat plate.

jmark127

Bearcat
I bought one today. After getting home, field stripping and cleaning, I had the same issue. With a little persuasion, they did lock in place. I also had a little issue with the magazine release. After working it a little, the issue seems to have resolved itself. I'm itching to get this thing out and shoot it. :D

jjmIII_Ruger

Single-Sixer
Mine WILL NOT fit either. I tried all the above and have a call into Ruger. If you hold the extension over the piece that is supposed to pop in, you can see if it did, it would then not line up with the grip right.

Looks like the wrong parts.

jjmIII_Ruger

Single-Sixer
gatorglenn said:
Just a follow up. I called Ruger and talked to them about this problem. They are sending out 2 new magazine spring seats to me. They say there is a problem with the original ones, thus they are replacing them. They did not say that all of them are bad so if yours work, I guess you are good to go.

Glenn

Thats where I'm at too. Ruger took care of it.

Yiddil

Single-Sixer
Well, I just purchased a new SR22 as well, waiting on it to show up...but also went ahead and got like 5 extra mags ...they just showed up...and although I'm itching to break one apart, Ill wait till I get my SR22.

I saw a vid somewhere where a guy popped one open with the lead end of a 22lr round and extended his mag to I think it was 13 rounds...but not sure where he got this white thing he popped in their..If anyone knows please post it here....but he had no problems with the extended mag. end...Thnaks The Yiddil