A Few Grips

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Doc44

Single-Sixer
I have always been interested in collecting grips and buy interesting or rare ones whenever I can. The factory ivory grips are in the top left corner, the steerhead pearl grips (XR3) were purchased from Lynn Laudise many years ago, the factory stag grips at an S&WCA meeting in 2007, and the long frame SBH grips on ebay last year.

Bill

orig.jpg

flatgate

Hawkeye
Nice stuff! I agree, having some ultra nice grips around is a GOOD THING!
Of course the Ivories are darn near priceless! Those Long Frame walnuts are also some of the nicest I've ever seen!

I have a couple sets of early Ruger grips.....
146541285.jpg

119416767.jpg

How about these Pointer Pups? :D

146541287.jpg

Or the true "Mother of Toilet Seat"??

146541291.jpg

Then there's the classic Franzites..
146541293.jpg

flatgate

americal

Hunter
Grips can really make or break the looks of a single action :!: I can't help but like those Franzite grips--just for old times sake :)

flatgate

Hawkeye
I just can NOT imagine shooting a Flattop .44 fitted with the Sports, Inc. checkered plastic Franzites!

:D

I bet they would draw blood!

flatgate

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
We need to see Jussbad's cigar box of grip panels, once again..... 8)I observed, long ago, that one never has enough sets of extra grips. Used to haunt the shows digging in any "possibles" boxes :wink: for extra panels, and always looking for that 'special personality' pair.........Never found any factory ivories in my four+ decades of the hunt, however :?