Ruger's Conversion Kit

Help Support Ruger Forum:

flatgate

Hawkeye
Here's a "package" that was sent on May 10, 1975 to a very prominent Ruger Collector in PA.

Envelope.jpg

InstructionsP1.jpg

InstructionsP2.jpg

CustClassificationSheet.jpg

What I find Most Interesting is the last page, a Customer Classification Sheet that asks for specific info about the OM Revolver's Condition prior to being returned to SR&Co.

The "package" also contained a mailing label and, of course, a shipping container.

flatgate

flatgate

Hawkeye
Mr. Fischer unloaded a ton of stuff on me several years ago. He couldn't afford a "rent increase" at his apartment in Casper and was packing up and moving to west central WY. He called me and said "come get this stuff".....

He'd "seen the light" and was moving off of his Ruger stuff and has shifted over to collecting "Wyoming Made" revolvers. :D

flatgate

chet15

Hawkeye
Flatgate...I gotta think that envelope postmark date does not match up with the printed materials. Ruger didn't even get the conversion lockwork patented until the 1980's. The earliest conversion kit instruction manual also has a date of March 1982.
Chad

Dougan's book shows the patent for the Conversion Kit being dated in 1984. His final chapter covers the development of the New Models along with the Conversion Kits.

:)

flatgate

Hawkeye
Chet15,

Good eye! It's very possible the papers in the envelope were NOT shipped in the envelope. I'll see if I can find something that will "date" the paperwork.

Thanks for the data, Ale.........

flatgate

PS I'm still blown away by the "last sheet" in this package......

chet15

Hawkeye
flatgate said:
Chet15,

PS I'm still blown away by the "last sheet" in this package......

Yeah, I remember that, but think it might have only come with the earliest conversion kit paperwork...you know, the paperwork you received with your shipping box before shipping the gun back.
Chad

I sent a Single-Six in for some repair work in the early 1990's, and received a similar "release form" to be filled out and signed and included with the gun when I shipped it off.

Don't remember all the details, but among other things it OK'd the installation of the "kit", without which no other work would be performed. Yes, I got my original parts back.

:)

Latest posts