Uberti .357

Help Support Ruger Forum:

cowboycopus

Single-Sixer
Can't say that I know much about this brand, but the only other ones I have picked up in the past were not of the best quality.
I just traded for one that seems to be of very good quality. Does anyone here know anything about this one?

Marked, +Stoeger-Accokeek, MD - A. Uberti-Italy+
S.A. CAL. 357 MAG.
PAT. SEPT 19 1871
PAT. JULY 2 1872

BZ is stamped above the Ser.# Prefix J
Last 4 numbers of the Ser.# are also on the cylinder.
Three screws on left side of frame, one piece wood grip. Case hardened frame does not appear to be just case colored. In very good condition. Any info will be helpful.
Thanks, Steve

WIL TERRY

Buckeye
WHAT kind of info is it you need to know. It sounds like all of the pre-Stoeger UBERTI SAA replicas made by the boxcar full over the past sixty years. The quality has continuously improved during that time span. MUCH of this improvement was/is directly due to the American importers insisting upon it.
ON the other hand, the UBERTI 357 presented to me by Mr Aldo Uberti's daughter [ UBERTI USA ] well over twenty years ago is the rival of ANY Colt SAA made in the past one hundred years.
And so it goes...

cowboycopus

Single-Sixer
Just wanted to hear form someone who owns them and knows about them. If I am reading the date stamp right "BZ" would be 2005, not very old.
Can't post photos here right now but, firing pin is on the hammer, no transfer bar, first click of hammer keeps it off the primer, second click is half cock and frees the cylinder, good lock up, and VERY NICE trigger, one piece grip looks like walnut.
Thanks, Steve

Latest posts