Anyone use a Leatherman Wave?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

milsurpman

Bearcat
I have carried a wave since 2007 on the job as an airline aircraft mechanic. It gets used a lot and still doing well with extension and bit kit. The wave replaced a pulse broken on the job and was given as exchange for the pulse under the Leatherman warranty as the pulse was discontinued. John

Attachments

• IMG_1193.jpeg
    IMG_1193.jpeg
    264.6 KB · Views: 17

Ranger

Single-Sixer
I've had a number of Waves over the last ... long time... probably since the first Wave came out. I'd break some tool on one and buy another. I recently sent in 4 Waves and 1 skeletool for repair. They promptly replaced them all with new Wave+s with sheaths and a new skeletool. I still have one original Wave, these, and a couple ARCs. I prefer the old leather sheaths; but those had all gone bad. I'm not sure my favorite. I liked all three. Carried the original Waves almost daily for many, many years... Maybe the ARC using the pocket clip and not the sheath. I'll still jump at the chance for an old Wave if see it for good price.

el caminero

Single-Sixer
I'm interested in a Leatherman Wave. Any one have any experience with this multitool?
Thank you kindly,
Pistolero
Have had leathermans from real early on, edc, and now only edc the surge (it can be sharpened by itself). Still have several originals, i prefer the ones with the diamond hone 'blade'. Have gifted away every skeleton, wave, and wingman i ever owned, and a coupla surges, as well as a few originals; buy them cheap in pawnshop and overhaul as necessary, as i worked my way up to the surge. Would still carry a wave or two edc if the surge hadent come out. If one, is in pocket loose or on clip. If two, both are in beltcase. sometimes, onclip is on belt, inboard, up against me kidney. Secure, and available.

freakindawgen

Single-Sixer
I had an origonal Leatherman, my son has it now. Bought this one back in 2002 after a nice one I had was set on my Jeep fender and departed the vehicle when I got on the interstate.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240515_074755_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20240515_074755_eBay.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 13

gunzo

Hunter
Have several of the original Leatherman's, working industrial maintenance at the time. They just fit the belt of a technician better than anything at the time.
Then the Wave came out, pricey but much improved & appreciated. Grit my teeth, bought one, & bought another for a backup. With me 20 some odd years later.

NC FNS

Single-Sixer
Not sure what leatherman comes with for a sheath these days, but my Gerber from about 20 years ago came with a cloth one. Didn't last but a few years. Now I use mil-surp leather magazine holders from Germany. Fits almost perfectly and reminds me of my first Leatherman (from 1988 or so, I think)…
Tools from either have been great, but as said earlier, the slide out pliers on the gerber are easier to open one handed.

bykerhd

Single-Sixer
I bought one when they first came out 25, 30 ? years ago.
Great tool I carried for a lot of years. Wore out one sheath but that was it.
One of my younger granddaughters now has it as she is a dedicated outdoors person with ambitions of a career outside.
I doubt she will wear it out either.