32 H&R

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Moey

Bearcat
Model # 06518 also. Cat#KSSM-5. Still haven't shot it yet. All the open areas here in AZ are shut down until it rains (fire danger). Rain should start this week. So, hopefully, by this time next week I will have tried it. 8)

Moey

Bearcat
Had a chance to shoot it today. 85 XTP's over Unique. Not to good of a load but functioned very well. Have a spring kit for it that hopefully I will get to later this week. What loads are you all shooting?

Rclark

Hunter
I've had a tough time finding 'good' loads. All I use is lead bullets (for all calibers I shoot). For 78g RN I found 3.5g of AA#2 works well. Under 100g RN 5.5g True Blue. Under 115g RNFP, 5.0g of AA#5 (5.0g of True Blue is good too). YMMV of course, but this is what I am currently using for loads using these bullets to get acceptable accuracy. I found I have to go with powders that flow like water (really small granules) to get consistent powder dumps with these small powder weights for the little cartridge. Obviously that puts Unique on the 'do not use' list (I did try it) for me.

As I've said elsewhere, I call the .32 H&R my reloadable .22. I think it will be good for that when .22 becomes the unobtainium cartridge again down the road sometime. Good to have around.

For a guy who said he'd never own one (I own .22s and .357s... so why?) , I now have four of them... a Baby Vaquero, a .327 SS Single Six, a normal blued Single Six, and a Birds Head Lightning.... Go figure. Never say never I guess!

varminter22

Single-Sixer
Moey said:
Had a chance to shoot it today. 85 XTP's over Unique. Not to good of a load but functioned very well. Have a spring kit for it that hopefully I will get to later this week. What loads are you all shooting?
I use 12 gr of Lil Gun under the 85 gr XTP, and Fed primers. Great load. And gives 1200 fps.

11.5 gr of Lil Gun and the Sierra 90 bullet works well too.

Triggernosis

Single-Sixer
sixshot said:
The 32 magnum might be the most fun plinking caliber out there. Use a 100 gr cast bullet with 3 grs of WST, install one of 2 Dogs excellent front sights & get ready for lots of fun days in the field. Mine is in the truck every day!

Dick
Can you tell me about this 2 Dogs front sight, please?

Sugar River

Buckeye
Triggernosis said:
sixshot said:
The 32 magnum might be the most fun plinking caliber out there. Use a 100 gr cast bullet with 3 grs of WST, install one of 2 Dogs excellent front sights & get ready for lots of fun days in the field. Mine is in the truck every day!

Dick
Can you tell me about this 2 Dogs front sight, please?

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=269178&p=2693276#p2693276

Moey

Bearcat
Just got one, single six platform, ss, 5.5 inch, fiber optic sight. Been looking at it for a year at the LGS. Now I have a 327 Bisely also. Waiting for 32 brass (today) need some loads.
Well my little 32 is shooting really high. I would hate to replace the fiber optic but I am out of adjustment and six inches high. Help

BULL'S-EYE

Buckeye
Try out a 2 Dogs front sight...They're well worth the price of admission. 👍

20240504_121950.jpg