32 H&R

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Moey

Bearcat
Just got one, single six platform, ss, 5.5 inch, fiber optic sight. Been looking at it for a year at the LGS. Now I have a 327 Bisely also. Waiting for 32 brass (today) need some loads.

2 dogs

Buckeye
This thread has quite a few loads. Work up carefully!!
http://singleactions.proboards.com/thread/10428/notes-mag-327-fed-sp101

Here's a link to a front sight you can see very crisply to better test your loads:
http://singleactions.proboards.com/thread/22502/dogs-custom-single-sights-update

contender

Ruger Guru
Careful,,, those things are addictive.

When the 32's came out,,, (32 H&R Mag,) I figured it wouldn't catch on or last. So I bought one to put away as a potential collector piece. And then I got a great deal in a second one, used. It became a shooter for me. Well,,,, now,, I have several in 32 H&R mag, and a couple of the 327's too. I have 3 bullet molds & a 4th on the way.

needsmostuff

Blackhawk
If that is the stainless , 6 shot , with adjustable sights, in 32 mag. it is actually kind of a rare bird .
Enjoy it.

sixshot

Buckeye
The 32 magnum might be the most fun plinking caliber out there. Use a 100 gr cast bullet with 3 grs of WST, install one of 2 Dogs excellent front sights & get ready for lots of fun days in the field. Mine is in the truck every day!

Dick

5of7

Hunter
I have 3 .32 Mgs and 2 .32 Longs. I got interested in .32s when I found a box of .32 S&W Longs in a basket that my dad bought at a farm auction. If you like to handload, it is the most fun for the dollar that I know of in the shooting world. 8)

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Moey,

Last I heard only 99 of yours were made.

Contender is right, they're addictive. Great little handy size but with a punch when you want it!

Didn't know the Single Seven was going to be available but wasn't waiting for it. Didn't like the Single Seven any way; don't want stainless or like a seven shot non-fluted cyl.

Only have four. Three of them with three different grip sizes:

Top one has 32 Mag/327 Mag cyl and one in 32-20 (yes the bullet needs deeper seating to fit), XR3-Red size grip frame.

Next reamed to 327 Fed Mag and shoots both mags from same cyl, XR3 grip size.

3rd still just 32 Mag, Vaquerito short grip frame.

standard.jpg

4th Vaquerito 32 Mag, top one:

vacsinglesix001.jpg

East of the Rio Grande and South of the Canadian
A lady SAS uses the 32 H&R for her revolvers. When a chance to shot one came up, I was impressed with the "little" magnum. Then an opportunity to own one arose. I have used the Vaquero as a backup gun in a couple of matches without loss of time or accuracy. Just keep in mind that it takes a standard load to put the large targets down. Backing off the load much will result in a stuck bullet.

Okay, I need some help here. I would like to insert an image of the 32 H&R birdshead Vaquero, but somehow the directions elude me.

Drifter

32shooter

Blackhawk
You will need to use an image hosting site such as Imgur to post pictures. This might help.http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=257065

SPBhawk

Single-Sixer
I have to say I am also a 32 H&R fan. About a year and a half ago I found a nice singe six 6.5 bbl, that was it, I'm hooked ! They seem to shoot pretty flat as far as I can tell. I've been shooting 100 gr hard cast lead, with Unique powder most of the time.
The Ruger Single Six is a really nice size gun for the 32 H&R.

contender

Ruger Guru
I met a guy at lunch today,,, who was having a firearm discussion with his friends. Well, he saw my USPSA hat, and I inquired as to some of his shooting etc. He asked about local ranges & when I told him I owned one,, but it was private,,, but he was invited to a USPSA match. When we all migrated to the parking lot, and he opened his trunk,, to show his friends his SASS gun,,, I saw a NM Ruger there. After politely asking to see it,, I was right,,, a well used 32 H&R mag was smiling at me.

Popular guns they are!

Moey

Bearcat
It is a 6 shot 32 H&R. How can I find out if only 99 of them were mad? I have not shot it yet and may not now. The LGS had 2 of them for the longest time and I noticed that 1 was gone a few weeks ago. Went back and jumped on the 2nd one.

bogus bill

Hunter
My 32 H&R mag on the bottom. The top is a Single Six from around the late 50`s.
https://s19.postimg.cc/jusplly1v/270.jpg

32magfan

Blackhawk
I snagged one of these stainless 32's as I always wanted one with adjustable sights. The sight at Davidson's at the time showing the number available either said 99 or 99+. I can't remember which. Either way, I've never seen one in a shop anywhere or available online since they sold out.

I have quite a crowd of 32's, mostly Rugers with a couple of Smith & Wessons and Taurus as well. I'm glad I kept my model 16 S&W :mrgreen: My first handgun was a 6.5" Single Six that my dad bought for me. It got me started reloading as well :mrgreen:

Yes, I am a fan...

32Magfan

Moey

Bearcat
Yes I am becoming a fan. Can't handle the big magnums to well anymore. These 32's are a good replacement. Giddyup!

Congrats on a great find!!
I got lucky and found one on Armslist for $400.00 plus shipping LNIB. Model 06518. I have switched my sights for the traditional single six type and changed the grips to the older walnut era. I also put the Ruger New Vaquero ejector rod on it. I love the Single Six line and didnt think I would ever find one of these. I have had mine since the first of the year. We could do a serial number range grouping to see how far the run goes???