Gunbroker, here, consignment or what?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Again. I am in the middle of no where !! The closest FFL to me that would have the ability, time , or presence to be agreeable to ship guns for me is over an hour away on the Interstate. This whole situation because of GCA, ATF, FFL is a real problem and a PITA.
Pirate ship is probably the only way to go
pirate ship does not allow the shipment of guns

black1970

Blackhawk
Stay OUT of those countries, especially Mexico. Better think it over. Best solution is move to Tennessee. Most people here still speak English. Problem solved. JM2CW UMMV.
And keep your guns. You may really need them one day. But more ammo.

Ranger

Single-Sixer
Many years ago, a friend who was an FFL at the time, was asked if he could liquidate an older gentleman's gun collection for him as he had been diagnosed with cancer and not expected to live more than six months.

The collection was likely worth well into 7 digits and his commission would have been six digits - about 3x his annual salary at his regular job at the time.

I remember him talking about the number and value of the guns (lots of rare, limited edition, highly desirable, never fired, guns in NIB condition, with boxes, receipts, etc.) We discussed different options such as hiring a professional photographer to take pictures, a programmer to develop a website, different options for marketing, etc. His commission would have easily been more than enough for all of that plus.

We also discussed that the gentleman needed to get some tax / estate advice real fast before he did anything.

My friend ultimately decided to turn them down because he didn't think he'd have time to do a good job with it and he wasn't confident he could sell them in such a way as to maximize the value for them.

A long way of saying, if you have a lot of guns, it can get complicated. If you have a lot of really nice guns, it might be worth having a professional help arrange for their sale. As referenced earlier, for many guns, good photos and details can make a big difference in price.