Sure gets lonesome here.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jyo

Single-Sixer
Bob as I grow older, my friends and the wives and husbands are leaving this mortal state---it hurts me greatly seeing the hurt the survivors go thru---I've been with my wife for 44 years now and I know things will be very tough for her when I leave and I worry about it...
Try to remember the good times and smile---she would want you to...

callshot

Blackhawk
Time is and will be your friend. I feel for you and hope for the best for you. As you mentioned, this forum was my only outlet to the world and was my lifesaver. You don't need to get over it, but you will get used to it with time. Best wishes. Steve aka Callshot

We all assume we are going to be the ones to check out first, but 10 years ago my wife of 45 years past on. Talk about being lonely... I sure do miss her.. Not only my wife but hunting buddies, fishing buddies, and sailing buddies. The herd is thinning. No friends to play with any longer. And 3 years ago I died for 30 minutes. I guess they took a look at me and sent me back.. So often wonder?? Am I now 3 or 83?? :)

roylt

Hunter
Hi Bob,
My folks were together for 58 years. Mom went first and it was a big shock. Dad had heart issues etc.
I can't say I understand exactly but can imagine a little as my kids get older and want less to do with their old dad. Empty nest sounds good on paper but really it is a lot of hours of your day to fill.
My uncle (dad's brother) lost his wife to cancer a long time ago. He was always involved with his church and seemed after it kept him going. You may have heard the expression "work wife", seems he friended a woman at church and helped her and her husband do things and run arrands etc. (To be clear not a romantic thing but still a type of love there / Friendship.)
Sorta rambling and this may sound weird, don't read this wrong but I hope I can have a love like my folks, my uncle, and you some day.

This forum has gotten me through tough times. Lots of good people here. Feel free to vent anytime. Even a small note to say hi is sometimes all it takes.

I wish you the best. Take care, Roy