Help Support Ruger Forum:

jeffnles1

Blackhawk
:D

Banjo%20Fire_zpsz2sgi5xo.jpg

jeffnles1

Blackhawk
Nard said:
I wish I knew how, I do enjoy listening to one!

J.B.

JB,
Glad to hear someone out there like to listen to banjo. I get a lot of banjo jokes.

I actually am more of a guitar player. Been playing guitar for about 30 years and been playing banjo for 1 year.

J. R. WEEMS

Single-Sixer
Well I have one, but am not smart enough to know to play it-- :) She is one of the last Martins made by Vega before they moved overseas. I would love to know how to play her-- She weighs a ton- :)

medium800.jpg

jeffnles1

Blackhawk
J.R. Seems, that Vega is a very nice old banjo.

Take some lessons and give it a try. The worst thing that can happen is you make a lot of noise and give the neighbors a reason to be peeved off. It's good for them and gets their heart beating. You'e be doing them a favor.

Geesh, I didn't realize I had posted that same picture twice. What happens when one takes several hundred photos a week.... Hard to keep track of them all.

vhntr1

Bearcat
I have a hatfield banjo,been taking lessons for a year.I never played before having a ball with it!

usmc0341

Single-Sixer
I've been looking to get one for my son to learn, and I'd like to give it a try. I love the sound of a banjo!!!

jeffnles1

Blackhawk
phonejack said:
I have a cousin that is married to Geoff Stelling.

That could be expensive for a banjo player. Stelling banjos are quite nice and not cheap.

jeffnles1

Blackhawk
vhntr1 said:
I have a hatfield banjo,been taking lessons for a year.I never played before having a ball with it!
I've seen some of Aruthur's work. When I retire, I may have him build one as a retirement present from me to me.

Right now, I'm playing a 1980 vintage Baldwin ODE. Heck of a nice banjo. Really heavy though.

jeffnles1

Blackhawk
usmc0341 said:
I've been looking to get one for my son to learn, and I'd like to give it a try. I love the sound of a banjo!!!
The one that seems to have the best bang for the buck out there these days is the Recording King RK 36 and Recording King RK 36. (essentially same banjo different appointments).

Deering Good Time is a little less expensive but a decent banjo to start on.

Jeff