WTS - Custom knives, higher end production knives - lower $$

Help Support Ruger Forum:

cubrock

Blackhawk
More blades on the chopping block (pun intended) at the Cubrock hacienda as he continues getting rid of things he doesn't need. I've admired all these knives, but haven't used a single one of them. Haven't sharpened a single one of them. Other than wiping them down with Ballistol (if even that), they have sat as you see them for long enough I know I won't use them any time soon. Christmas season is here and you could make the knife lover and outdoorsman (or woman) in your family mighty happy with one or three of these! :) Most of them came from one collector's estate. I bought a lot of his knives and ammo in a few transactions. I don't know if he ever sharpened any of them or how he used them, but other than some of the sheaths showing some scuffs and some of the blades having some minor marks on them, I don't know that he even sharpened them or used them for anything. I did not get boxes or extras for any of these - what is in the pics is what I have.

Anywhoooooo....prices include insured Priority Mail shipping in the Lower 48. If you buy multiples, I can save you five dollars per knife after the first for saved shipping, but otherwise my prices are firm (and hopefully more than fair). Prefer an old school money order, but you can pay by Paypal if you pay an additional 3.5% to cover the fees. No Paypal gift, please.

Please feel free to PM me (or email me through the board) with any questions. I did my best to manipulate lighting to exaggerate blade shapes and any minor wear. Should have put a ruler in the pic for scale, but blade and overall lengths are included in the descriptions. My family will appreciate the additional free space and funds from your purchases. Thank you for looking!

1. SOLD PF......Wayne Hendrix Model #30 Loveless style Pathfinder. Listing this one first because it is my favorite of the lot and the BEST executed Loveless style knife I've owned or held, bar none (and that is more than a few). Made in 2009 and is numbered 675, though I don't know his numbering system. 3 3/4" ATS-4 blade and 8" overall. Stunning curly maple stocks. You can see specs at the link below. Sheath has some minor scuffs. Previous owner added the paracord pull. Knife has only the most minor of marks here and there. Extremely well balanced and light - could easily be the only knife you need in the woods or even camping if you have a good camp axe. AG Russell and Hendrix get $325 for this knife, plus shipping. You can have this one, which looks almost new, for $250 SHIPPED! What a deal!

http://www.agrussell.com/wayne-hendrix-pathfinder-with-black-micarta/p/HXW30-BM/

2. SOLD PF......Mick Sears mini-bowie. 4 5/8" blade, 9 1/8" overall. Blade is 1/4" thick. Sears was based in western NC then in upstate SC for his career, which spanned decades. He is listed in many of the prominent knife references and is best known for his Bowies. He used carbon steel almost exclusively. This knife was made in 1985 and was his 93rd knife made that year. The scales are Westinghouse micarta (which is why I bought the knife - have a thing for Westinghouse micarta) with a very nicely scrimshawed raccoon on the right side. This knife shaves hair easily, but could be even sharper. It has the same edge as when I bought it. While cruder than many custom makers today, this is still a nice knife and is bargain priced at $110 shipped. Sears died in 2012 and his knives have been going up in value since then.

3. SOLD PF......Canal Street Cutlery Company Model 1875 Bowie Hunter. Limited run of 400 knives. This one is #31. It has been discontinued for some time and the only way to get one is to find one that someone is selling, which is pretty hard to do. 6 7/8" D2 blade, 11 3/4" overall. Macassar ebony scales and real nickel silver hilt and bolsters. This is a very nice traditional Bowie. Feels very good in the hand. Sheath has some minor scuffs. Knife has very, very few minor marks. You could pass the knife off for new without very close examination. I'm pretty sure the edge is factory - it shaves, but could be sharper. Really neat Bowie - big enough for fighting, small enough to still be usable in camp. I really like this knife. $200 shipped in the Lower 48.

http://www.knifecenter.com/item/CANAL113112/canal-street-cutlery-1873-bowie-hunter

4. SOLD PF......REDUCED TO $155 SHIPPED....WHAT A DEAL!.....Canal Street Cutlery D'Holder Bowie Hunter. 4 1/2" blade, 9 1/4" overall. 19C27 Sandvik steel with real buffalo horn scales. This one is numbered 339, but I don't know if Canal Street is limiting production. They still offer this knife. Very handy, very sturdy knife that reminds me quite a bit of Elmer Keith's hunting knife design, which I have to believe influenced this one. Blade is a very meaty 3/8" thick and could be used for chopping, separating joints on large game, etc. The handle is sized just right and the knife handles well. I'm pretty sure it still has the factory edge, which shaves easily, but could be made sharper. Sheath has a few minor marks, but the knife looks pert near new. MSRP on these is $375, but realistic street price with the buffalo horn scales is a bit over $200. You can have this one for $165 shipped, which is a lot of knife for the money.

http://www.canalstreetcutlery.com/179923.html

5. SOLD PF......REDUCED TO $185 SHIPPED....WHAT A DEAL!.....AG Russell Sandbox Bowie. Russell's proprietary DM-1 steel with a chromium carbonitride finish. 7 3/4" blade, 13 1/4" overall. Has storage cavity under the Rucarta scales. Molle compatible sheath. A very serious camp knife. You can read what Russell has to say about it on his site at the link below. If you wanted one survival knife, this one would be hard to beat. For its size, it is a very manageable 12.8 ounces and feels lighter than that in the hand. Great bug-out knife, but I already have others that fit that bill. Looks nearly new with some scattered minor marks in the surface of the finish. Not sure what they are - almost look like sap or something like that. After taking the pics, I rubbed the blade down with Ballistol and the marks were much diminished, but not totally gone. AG Russell gets $295 plus shipping for these new. Save some dough and take this one at $210 shipped.

http://www.agrussell.com/a-g-russell-sandbox-bowie/p/RU-U712BKOD/

6. SOLD PF......Kabar Becker Magnum Camp BK-5. 8" blade, 13 1/2" overall. 1095 Cr-V steel. Another great camp knife. These have some very impressive reviews and the video linked below shows some impressive performance from this knife, though much of it is the designers talking about the features of the knife (which is interesting). This one looks pretty much new and I'm confident it has the factory edge. It shaves easily and feels good in the hand. Would be a great bug-out knife, as well. $70 shipped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0RHtnkagz0

http://www.kabar.com/knives/detail/144