WTB Winchester 94 30-30 Still Looking

Help Support Ruger Forum:

GD1656

Single-Sixer
Looking for a shooter/hunting grade Win 94 in 30-30 . I have one that my grandson loves so now i need another for me--just something that is reliable Thanks Paul

George

Blackhawk
Good price Crazy Horse , depending on the year and condition. O p wants a shooters grade so this would probably work for him! The one I have I talked to the Opie about I would consider it a very high-end Shooters grade being built in 1952 with little use as I told the Opie it is in my collection and Have not really thought much about selling it. GD1656 good luck!

GD1656

Single-Sixer
Think i have one lined up with a forum member here in Fl---gotta get through the next couple of wet days till i can see it

Ethang

Blackhawk
Crazy Horse said:
Crazy Horse said:
I saw one at Clarks custom guns in Princeton LA the other day but they wanted either $600 or $699 for it.

The one at Clarks was not pre 64 and it was a shooter grade.

:shock: have we gotten to a post-64 shooter grade 94 going for $700? Remember when they were 200-250..

nrobe50

Buckeye
shouldn't be to hard to find one. Winchester only made about 7 million of them.

Biggfoot44

Blackhawk
I'm not giving up my 1971 from a cpl days ago that was my Bday present for my self , but I'll offer a few observations s :

Since the Big Bankruptcy , Winchester Lever prices have been volitile , and all over the map . For a cpl years I've been back burner looking for a decent Shooter grade M94 for a project , so I've been keeping a casual eye at LGSs and shows .

The value sweet spot is post '64 , pre Angle eject , in basic 20 inch .30-30 .

A cpl weeks before came upon an upper end Shooter from that period . Been used and hunted moderately . still had most of finish , for $450 . Actually thought about it , and remembered it , but didn't fit my cash flow that week.

What I did get was 1971 . No abuse_ abuse , but more than half of finish gone from reciever from one hand carry while hunting . But good bore , nice trigger pull , smooth action , and aftermarket sling studs . For $300 .

It was a new management LGS and indoor range , that was 98% tacti- cool and Tupperware , except for three consignment guns . Probably literally not knowing any better , the late model Marlin .44 was stupid high , and the Winchester was under market value .

Tl Dr - The days of $200 shooter grade .M94 are gone . $500 is what $250 was before .

Latest posts